Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

tranny woes

Old 06-29-2015, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny woes

So recently I decided to drop my tranny pan and replace the filter while I was at it. Not long after that something strange started happening. Every once in a while after my jku sits overnight, after I put it in reverse and back out of the driveway. When I put my jeep in drive in the street it does not shift into drive. It feels like it stays in neutral for about 10 seconds. Eventually it does shift into drive. After that it never slips between gears, it drives like normal. This has happened maybe 5 times over the last 3 months, and this jeep is my daily driver.

Pertinents:
2007 JKU X
3.8l V6, auto of course
105000 Miles
35x12.5r15
factory 4.10s
Old 06-29-2015, 06:27 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Have you checked the transmission fluid level?
Check it after it's warmed up, engine idling, lever in park or neutral, Jeep on a level surface.

When you installed the filter, did you make sure the old o-ring came out with the old filter?
Did you make sure the new o-ring is properly installed?

Quick Reply: tranny woes