Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Trektop Questions

Old 06-12-2012, 12:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Trektop Questions

Hey guys,

Ive been looking around at those of you who have the original Trektop, not the NX. I like the look of the original better but have some questions that hopefully some 2DR guys can clear up.

Can you store it in your jeep easily when its down? (2nd row seats removed)
Does it roll down into the back like the OEM one?
Leaks?
Louder/softer?

Any other pros/cons you could offer would help alot before I decide on this, Thanks!
Old 06-12-2012, 03:56 AM
JK Newbie

I had a 2 door Trektop on my 2010. I'm looking to sell it if you are near 13790.

You can fit it in the the removed Trektop in the back with the rear seat removed. It's about the size of a long rolled up tent.

The Trektop does not roll down the back like the OEM. The cab area rolls back to open the sound bar (sunrider) and the rear window is removable. That is about it. Otherwise, you are taking the top completely off. It's not difficult to do with 2 people, but not as easy as putting down an OEM top.

No leaks.

About as loud as OEM top, possibly quieter. Top will flap with windows open (no ceter bar).

Rear window is a PIA. When top flaps, it can hit you in the head (if you have a tall upper body).

The Trektop looks great, but I found OEM top to be more functional.

Last edited by JK Jonesy; 06-12-2012 at 04:03 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:25 AM
JK Newbie

Arrow

Thanks for the quick reply! I take my top down for days at a time weather permitting, so I hope this will be a good fit to my lifestyle. Love the look and because of it I think ill take some good with the bad. Great info thanks again!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kessler
Thanks for the quick reply! I take my top down for days at a time weather permitting, so I hope this will be a good fit to my lifestyle. Love the look and because of it I think ill take some good with the bad. Great info thanks again!
If you leave it off for long periods of time, you should be fine. The Trektop is easier to completely remove than the Trektop NX. Just make sure you have an emergency top with you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	5L15Gb5H33M43J53Nac5tb61c3a18f8ed109a.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	328448
Old 06-12-2012, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK Jonesy
If you leave it off for long periods of time, you should be fine. The Trektop is easier to completely remove than the Trektop NX. Just make sure you have an emergency top with you!

Attachment 328448
Oh i will, i wont make that mistake twice

Quick Reply: Trektop Questions