Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

uConnect not working for bluetooth streaming?

Old 09-21-2016, 04:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uConnect not working for bluetooth streaming?

Jeep is a 2010 JKU Sahara. Dealer installed the Uconnect Module for bluetooth. I have the 130/RES model radio. If i go through the Uconnect options, it gives me the option to select an audio device, and i select my phone that is paired. Thing is, if I press the DISC/AUX button multiple times, it will never go to BT Audio. i think actual fm or am will come on instead. It will only go to AUX if there is an AUX cable plugged in. Is there an option to enable BT Audio that they did not activate?

Thanks
Joe
Old 09-21-2016, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I'm curious on this. I've also got a 2010 with the 130S radio.....out of a 2015 with a 2015 module. I'm guessing I need another harness though.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:25 AM
JK Newbie

My Ford fusion did this. I could only get to my phone by saying 'Bluetooth audio' over voice command. It was a non navigation unit too...
Old 09-22-2016, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I used to have a similar unit in my Ram 1500... Did you try hitting the "Music Type" button? This problem sounds familiar to what happened with me. I can't remember for sure what the Music Type button is for, but ya never know.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another thing to check would be your phone. Some older phones don't work on the uConnect. Also make sure your phone is allowing the uConnect access to your media files. Security features on some phones and security apps require you to accept that media files can be accessed via the Bluetooth. The actual uConnect website might also help you find figure out the issue:

Uconnect® Access for Chrysler, Dodge, FIAT , Jeep & Ram

Quick Reply: uConnect not working for bluetooth streaming?