Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

E-Brake?!

Old 01-21-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Brake?!

Probably been threads on here about this, but couldn't find it searching..plus i have some detailed questions that may be overlooked on an old thread..

tonight at work, pulled my e-brake as i usually do (parking pawls didnt have a great reputation when i joined the forum) and it was on a bit of a hill..it was about 25 degrees..got it to the point where it usually locks up, but instead i heard a huge pop and the brake disengaged. now the lever moves freely and doesn't work. cable snap?! it didn't get stuck in the on position, but on the way home i heard a knocking in the back when i went over bumps, almost like it was bottoming out..could've been the top or something being frozen and shifting around, as we had a snow storm and now sub zero arctic air is on the way..i know i shouldn't have used the ebrake in cold weather, but its just habit to use it in general..so basically, what happened to it, and is it safe for me to drive it until tuesday when i go to the dealer for other work? can it hurt anything? thanks guys, forum kicks serious ass.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

google'd it and had much more luck..sounds like im okay, and its happened to a lot of people..bullllllllllshit...but probably my fault

Quick Reply: E-Brake?!