Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Upgraded heavy duty rear sway bar on stock 2012 2 Dr Sahara. Overkill or useful?

Old 04-16-2014, 01:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Jizneeper
Hey guys, thanks so much for the advice, it is valuable. I know I have changed my thoughts on what I'm going to end up doing, but it appears the overwhelming majority of y'all are swaying (no pun intended) away from installing an upgraded sway bar on a stock height jk. @K0206 since yours is lifted I can see how it's helping you. Full traction has also told me that it's specifically designed for lifted JK's or jk's hauling weight. I don't plan on lifting mine much at all and even if I did I would probably go for a spring upgrade if the ones I have aren't the highest rate although I do have a hard top with tow package I don't really off-road and if I did it would be mild to moderate trails on the off chance occasion. I'm really just looking for an enhanced feel and handling on road be it rough streets and or highway. I fully understand the jeep is a jeep and it's suspension is designed to be tough but for what I do on a daily basis I'd like to see if I can't make it more a tuned in ride. At any rate, I guess I'm switching trains of thought and going back in the corner y'all are pointing to with that being new shocks. I hear everyone on the 9000's and I'm sure they are nice, but I'm looking for a monotube shock that will get the job done for me. I don't really want to be reaching up under my jeep all the time to turn the nob, I'd rather the shock just do that for me. I'm leaning towards either a set of brand new rubicon shocks that I can get on the cheap from fortec 4x4 or bilstein HD's. I've heard great things on the forums about the rubi's and then I've heard average reports. Unless you think I can have much much better for my money, will the rubi's not be a disappointed at all and be durable as well along the way. Mind you I have a 2012 Sahara. I've heard reports that Sahara and rubicon have same shocks after a certain year make only difference is one is red. If that is the case, then clearly rubicons are a stupid choice. So much damn contradicting information out there is hard to make a wise decision. Sorry I'm such a newb guys I just don't have the time to be playing trail and error. Thanks for you advice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Have a look at Monroe reflex monotubes. I run them on all my rigs for expedition use and LOVE THEM. My JKU is much more controlled over rollers etc and it takes bumps much better.

Best part is some auto parts stores have them on bogo.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about the 7000?

Quick Reply: Upgraded heavy duty rear sway bar on stock 2012 2 Dr Sahara. Overkill or useful?