Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Upgrading from stock

Old 11-26-2014, 02:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading from stock

Hello, I looked around to make sure I wasn't forming an unneeded post but didn't see anything relevant. As the holidays are approaching my jeep "wish list" was given to various people. On this list is the "rubicon express 2.5" budget boost suspension system" as a person who does not frequent trails due to busy work schedules I felt it was a nice fit. MY QUESTION is that with this kit would I need shocks or would my stock ones work in conjunction to the kits equipment and springs... Thanks for any and all help
Old 11-26-2014, 03:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You'll be fine. I've been running a budget boost all year and I do run trails and rocks. I've still got the stock springs and shocks. If you're just an occasional off roader, you'll be fine with what you have.
Old 11-26-2014, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
You'll be fine. I've been running a budget boost all year and I do run trails and rocks. I've still got the stock springs and shocks. If you're just an occasional off roader, you'll be fine with what you have.
Thanks for the quick reply! I plan on taking a trip to the local (70 miles away) off road park but for now I just want a mid range lift that will be reliable. 2.5" is where I wanna be at he right wise especially when I get tires in a few months. Thanks again
Old 11-26-2014, 03:27 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Which specific kit are you looking at? (what components are included...)

If you open the Modified Tech area, you will find two threads stuck right to the top that will have some good information. (FAQ's & Thoughts On Lifts)

Shock extension brackets? Or are you planning on running with the shocks constantly extended, and limiting downtravel any time you go offroad.

Is it the kit that includes cam bolts? If so, have you done any research on the pro's/con's.

Is front and/or rear axle centering included?

With stock shocks, brakelines may not be an issue. But they may?

Quick Reply: Upgrading from stock