Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Warning Lights HELP ( ESP/BAS,ABS,Traction Control)

Old 09-10-2012, 01:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by onecrazyfuq
I have a 2008 Jeep JK 2DR Auto. Recently my ESP/BAS,ABS,Traction Control lights all come on at the same time and stay on. At first it was doing it here and there, now almost everytime i get in the car they go on. I used my superchips programmer to run the DTC codes and its pulling a code "C1210 - G Sensor Input Performance" I would like to know how I can fix this. Is it a speed sensor, alighnment issue ? I also tried running the codes using the key sequence on the vehicle and it just says done. This is driving me insane please help. Thanks -Anthony
Innova has a code reader for about $200 that does abs codes on domestic vehicles. It saved me a fortune on my previous vehicle. My faulty part was the cruise control sensor that only cost about $12 to replace. I know the dealer would have gotten me for at least a few hundred, so the reader quickly paid for itself.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the car from new and I have yet to do a brake job on them. Its throwing code c1210 and c1242. Read from my supwrchips programmer
Old 09-11-2012, 10:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok so I had this problem too. I just recently put my lift on my jeep 4 inche rough country. This code came on because I didn't adjust my steering wheel. When I adjusted my steering wheel the codes were still coming on no matter how many times I reset the system. I looked it up on line and a guy on another forum said this:

Turn on your jeep, steer all the way to the left then turn all the way back to the right, cut the jeep off then turn it on and put it in drive go down the road and when it shifts into second the codes will go off.

It works, my traction control light comes on sometimes but I haven't had a problem since.
The following users liked this post:
albert jimenez (01-24-2021)
Old 09-11-2012, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

UPDATE: I removed both rear abs sensors and cleaned them. They had metal shavings and mud on them. The lights then went out, then when i was sitting in park with the engine running later in the day, they just popped back on. I went home scanned the jeep using the superchips programmer, again it showed code C1210. I cleared it and rescanned and it did not show it. Im going to drive it a bit more and see if it comes back on which it probably will. BTW what is code C1210? I NEED HELP ASAP
Old 11-01-2017, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Brake Light and all the others ABS/ESP/BAS

Got all lights coming on my 2008 JK including the “brake light”. Nothing dragging or smoking, don’t believe it is the steering wheel not being centered, I adjusted that in the past. Bleed the brakes this evening and lights come on after driving about 100 feet. They reset and don’t come on until the Jeep moves. Clock spring??? I have the recall just never had any issues. Help!!
The following users liked this post:
Hayden Johnson-Sipes (09-30-2020)
Old 11-02-2017, 02:28 AM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Just to clarify...I got the lights on my drive back to work after eating lunch. Stopped several times just to make sure the brakes weren't dragging, no heat and obviously didn't appear to be causing any problems. I drove home and again light lit up after about 100 feet, they go out after shutting off the engine. I thought the reservoir was a little low so I decided to drain and re-bleed the brakes...no joy. Going to borrow a reader to see if I have any codes relating to a sensor this afternoon. Steering wheel is pretty centered and don't believe I had a "brake" light the last time I had adjusted the drag link for the steering wheel. Will the brake light come on with ABS/ESP/BAS???

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 11-02-2017, 02:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Snap a picture of the lights that are coming on and post it. I've read many of these discussions and many get confused due to the different combo of lights that come on and a different combo typically means different problem.

When you get a code reader, make sure you get one that can read ABS codes. Most standard readers only read ECM codes where you're only getting half the story, and the least important part of that story. I highly recommend the BlueDriver Scanner. It does ABS codes and a lot more. It cost $100. Or you can choose to not spend $100, get a cheaper scanner that doesn't do ABS and drive yourself crazy guessing, and spending more $ on the wrong parts.

https://www.amazon.com/BlueDriver-Bl...ueDriver&psc=1
Old 11-02-2017, 03:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had the same thing happen. You need a new battery.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Battery is less than a year old but will check it out. I did notice while bleeding the brakes the fronts seemed to bleed a lot slower than the rear. Wondering if the lines are collapsing, pretty sure they are original but only have 80K. Probably won't get to checking codes until Saturday. I would take a picture but I have been having problems uploading pictures to this site.

Old 11-05-2017, 11:12 AM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

C2200 ABS module internal fail. Tried re-bleeding the brakes before using the code reader. Lights come on at 12-13 MPH every time. Anybody have any success in changing this themselves or is it dealership change?

Quick Reply: Warning Lights HELP ( ESP/BAS,ABS,Traction Control)