Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Weird front end noise after offroading

Old 09-30-2015, 09:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Inner fender maybe?
Old 09-30-2015, 10:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brankz
Inner fender maybe?
nope nothing is rubbing

I have not had a chance to inspect but this weekend i will be installing a new list and suspension so i will be checking out everything under the body to try and find the issue

It definitely sounds like it comes from the transfer case area
Old 09-30-2015, 10:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
If you suspect the driveshaft then remove it and see if you can replicate the noise. Simply from your other threads, if you intend to beat inn the vehicle and cover the engine in 1" of mud then you're going to need to really brush up on what makes the world go round under your hood. You don't want to be out playing, break something, then wait for a neighbor or the forum to fix it before you can play again.
lol. You are right. But at the same time this is my 1st wrangler and in time i will learn this car inside and out. I am just so busy with work i figured i would ask here about any possible solutions. This happened 2 weeks ago and i still have not had a moment to get under the truck to check it out. But tomorrow i took a half a day to start working in some upgrades and hopefully i will find the issue then

I shouldnt be so quick to post things before actually taking the time to inspect and troubleshoot myself
Old 10-06-2015, 06:22 PM
JK Newbie

Check the bushings on the upper front shocks. My upper bushing failed and it was making a noise when I would brake hard or accelerate hard.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mfranjeep
Check the bushings on the upper front shocks. My upper bushing failed and it was making a noise when I would brake hard or accelerate hard.
That might have been it

I changed my suspension( coils and shox) and the noise is gone now!!👍🏻👍🏻
Old 10-08-2015, 05:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by techhnyne
Hey guys I pretty much have a stock 07 automatic unlimited x 4dr. So i found myself at a beach last night with lots of offroad trails. I was flying around the trails baja style and hit a pothole really hard and my front end started making a noise The noise sounds like as if the inner plastic of my wheel well is rubbing against my tire treads. But i check and there is no noise. The noise ONLy happens when i hit a bump or the front end compresses. Also happens if i step on the brakes too hard and the front end compresses. Does anyone know what this would possibly be? I can not see eanything wrong after inspecting the underneath of the jeep
Out of curiousity....what beach were you at with lots of offroad trails?
Thanks.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lwp411
Out of curiousity....what beach were you at with lots of offroad trails? Thanks.
Haha. Montauk long island NY. Not ALOT of trails but definitely more then enough for a new wrangler owner. I was driving the trails all night till dawn

Quick Reply: Weird front end noise after offroading