Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Another engine issue

Old 04-08-2014, 03:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Another engine issue

Apparently my luck with anything associated with anything Chrysler continues to be poor....

A few months ago, I had issues with my brand new 2013 JKU. The Cam position sensors failed and had to be replaced. This past weekend, I was heading to my cabin in northern MN ( 240 miles) and about half way, the check engine light and traction control lights came on and the engine lost power. It would run and barely maintain a speed, but had poor power and acceleration was nonexistant. Since I was half way up there, I managed to limp it the rest of the way and left it sitting at the local dealer when I left on Sunday. Luckily my truck was there, so I had a way to get home. Have not heard back from the dealer yet, but I would venture to guess that they are going to come up with the same issue ( cam position sensor). I find it hard to believe that the same parts failed again. Either something else is the issue or somethig is causing them to fail.

Anyone else been having similar issues?

I know that many of you will say" it's a jeep thing" or you have to expect issues, but in the 1st 8 months of owning this rig, I have had more issues that all of my other vehicles combined in the last 8 years. very disappointed to say the least.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Default 2013

how old is it? If you bought it new, you should have lemon law protection.

I'd invoke this ASAP, before you can't.

I'm not saying the JK is a bad product (I love mine), but sometimes $hit happens, and as a consumer, this law really helps you out.

Lemon law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 04-08-2014, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

8 months old and about 8000 miles. Not yet at the lemon law point and hopefully I won't get to that point.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default not only that but once they suspect your having issues that could

result with lemon law being applied the dealers will then not give you proper paper work such as leaving a open ticket and not giving you the 3rd paper regarding the same problem . They will even go to the extreme to word things different . * op (Your Not Alone in being Disappointed !)

Last edited by jeepmojo; 04-08-2014 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I actually went to a different dealer. This one is extremely good. My friends sister runs the service department and my buddy is that parts manager. I have high hopes that they will fix it. Still concerned that they may not find the root cause though. Definitely a love hate relationship with this rig!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default love hate

I know the feeling
Old 04-14-2014, 04:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

As I suspected, it was in fact the cam position sensors that failed AGAIN. The service manager said that he suspects something else is acatually causing these to fail, but since the codes pointed to the Cam position sensor, that is what they have to replace. he is going to dig into it some more with Chrysler, but I'm not expecting much for info. Want to bet it fails again?
Old 04-14-2014, 07:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did not have this same issue, but I did have the lemon law put into action on my 2008 JK when they couldn't find the cause of the leakage when it rained and caused the cabin to be flooded everytime it rained. The law is there for a reason. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Another engine issue