Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What type of front springs are they

Old 01-16-2017, 08:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was at the dealership, there is a 2011 JKU with a JK8 kit installed. The dealership did not do the conversion. What type of front springs are they? There are mopar shocks on the jeep.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3277268541.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	576.0 KB
ID:	664602   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1549219063.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	607.6 KB
ID:	664603  

Last edited by OverKill; 01-16-2017 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The bump stop looks like it is extremely close to the bump extension at rest. Something is not set up correctly in my opinion.

The springs are black. You are not showing any tag or part number, so there is no way to guess at what black coil spring your showing.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Not sure on the coils, but for those tires that is way too much bumpstop. It appears to have both upper and lower extensions for the bumpstops? Around 5in. extra bumpstop and similar to stock size tires?

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 01-16-2017, 10:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are not jeep springs, I thought maybe there was some sort of shock absorber inside the spring. Maybe somebody new what lift it was and that way could tell what inside the springs. Did not think the bump stops too long.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OverKill
They are not jeep springs, I thought maybe there was some sort of shock absorber inside the spring. Maybe somebody new what lift it was and that way could tell what inside the springs. Did not think the bump stops too long.
The upper rubber part is an extended bump stop. The lower metal cylinder is a bump stop extension. Together, they are almost touching end to end. It's totally jacked up and needs someone who knows at least a little bit about suspension to get it straightened out.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by larry0071
The upper rubber part is an extended bump stop. The lower metal cylinder is a bump stop extension. Together, they are almost touching end to end. It's totally jacked up and needs someone who knows at least a little bit about suspension to get it straightened out.
This^^^^

Normally a lift with larger tires and longer shocks will use one or the other, not both. With stock size tires, and oem shocks, there shouldn't be any need for either, but especially not both.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: What type of front springs are they