Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Who knew! Little things ya did not know about your Jeep!

Old 10-01-2015, 04:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Will that work for the USB as well?
Old 10-03-2015, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crusaderJK
Fuse M7 can be installed in two different ways to switch the rear 12V outlet between constant power and power with the ignition on.
This is nice to know. Does it only work on the rear outlet?

Last edited by 2014Wrangler; 10-09-2015 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The front cup holders double as Dog Water Dish. I found how well when my GSD pup punctured a plastic water bottle, and it filled the cup holders, much to his delight.
Also doubles as Snack Bowl, and Marrow Bone Holder.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Four Low
The front cup holders double as Dog Water Dish. I found how well when my GSD pup punctured a plastic water bottle, and it filled the cup holders, much to his delight. Also doubles as Snack Bowl, and Marrow Bone Holder.
Ha! And I thought I was the only one whose German Shepard "discovered" that feature for them. And don't forget the passenger door liner makes a great chew toy when the dog is bored... Very convenient feature for the pup.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:05 AM
JK Newbie

It always irritated me that UConnect would announce it every time I got a text/SMS message. A little convenient, but more of a PITA when it interrupts music etc, with the long announcement.
So, if anyone is in the same boat and doesn't know how to turn it off:

1) press and release the Uconnect phone button and say "Setup, Incoming SMS message announcement".
2) the prompt will tell you that it's on, would you like to turn it off. Yes

Old 10-08-2015, 03:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Four Low
The front cup holders double as Dog Water Dish. I found how well when my GSD pup punctured a plastic water bottle, and it filled the cup holders, much to his delight.
Also doubles as Snack Bowl, and Marrow Bone Holder.
Love it.

Also, The jeep cloth interior hold dog hair quite well!
Old 10-09-2015, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by lwp411
It always irritated me that UConnect would announce it every time I got a text/SMS message. A little convenient, but more of a PITA when it interrupts music etc, with the long announcement.
So, if anyone is in the same boat and doesn't know how to turn it off:

1) press and release the Uconnect phone button and say "Setup, Incoming SMS message announcement".
2) the prompt will tell you that it's on, would you like to turn it off. Yes

What model radio is this with? I have a 730N/RHR which was pulled from a 2011 Ram 3500 and then I installed on my Jeep! I had no idea this was even an option!
Old 10-09-2015, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Read Engine Codes

A little trick I learned from my '01 Dakota, which still works with the '11 JK is to insert the key in the ignition, then turn it all the way to on (not start), and then back off 3 times finishing in the on position, and in the odometer position, your Jeep will display any engine/trouble codes you have so you can look em up yourself if you don't have anything else to read it! This has come in handy many times for me, and saves a trip to Autozone to get the code read! And then when all the codes are done, it will display a line and the word done, and then switch back to the odometer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qul9HC-FDCg

Last edited by WxNerd2015; 10-12-2015 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Added how to video!
Old 10-15-2015, 10:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crusaderJK
Fuse M7 can be installed in two different ways to switch the rear 12V outlet between constant power and power with the ignition on.
Is there a trick for the 2 door's second front power plug? My 2 door has two power ports in the dash section, one is only on when the Jeep is on and one is always on. I'd rather they were both only when the Jeep was on.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:13 AM
JK Newbie

Default Where's thing 5?

Is it just me or does the article only list 4 things... but is called 5 things you didn't know.

My count:
1. Center console clip storage
2. M7 fuse
3. 3 blink lane change
4. bottle opener.
5 ????

Quick Reply: Who knew! Little things ya did not know about your Jeep!