Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

who owns jeep

Old 04-18-2014, 02:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
Jeep - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jeep is a brand of American automobiles that is a division of Chrysler Group LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Italian multinational automaker Fiat S.p.A..[2][3] The former Chrysler Corporation acquired the Jeep brand, along with the remaining assets of its owner American Motors, in 1987. Jeep's product range current consists solely of sport utility vehicles and off-road vehicles, but has also included pickup trucks in the past.

you now drive an Italian convertible.

you want American Made? Buy a Tesla.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/10/te...ican-made-car/
I love my jeep, but if I could have afforded a Tesla that would be my first choice. It would be cool if they made an off road version. People always talk about needing more torque, well an electric motor has a flat torque curve and its pretty instant.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by espi
I love my jeep, but if I could have afforded a Tesla that would be my first choice. It would be cool if they made an off road version. People always talk about needing more torque, well an electric motor has a flat torque curve and its pretty instant.
I wish I could install the tesla screen in my jeep!
Old 04-18-2014, 04:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I know my Jeep was built in the US, putting food on the table for the families of the by American workers that built it.

In this globalized economy, that's enough for me.

Last edited by arjeeper; 04-18-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Jeeps are from the good old USA. More than can said about a lot of GM trucks!
Old 04-18-2014, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

As a quick tidbit......spot check VIN numbers. This can tell you a lot. If it starts with a 1 it's from the US, 2 from Canada, 3 from Mexico, K from Korea, J from Japan, W from Germany. You'd be surprised where a lot of vehicles are made.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
By law, American content must be included on the window sticker of every new vehicle. Just check there and compare to other vehicles. And, just so you know, right now all Jeep Wranglers are made in Toledo, OH. Even those sold overseas. There is some discussion of possibly making Jeeps in China for sale in the Chinese market since they basically won't let Jeep send any from Toledo, OH to sell over there. Not sure what the current status of that is, though I expect during the next U.S. national election cycle we'll hear plenty more about this. Here's a bit old news article to give you an idea of where your Jeep stands ... http://abcnews.go.com/Business/ameri...ry?id=13801165

Just to be clear, they are assembled in Ohio. The parts come from all over the globe. As always it's the cheapest, sorry, most economical manufacturing to ensure profit while maintaining its "assembled in America" content.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dont be naive, there is nothing original from one country alone, its all mixed.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:20 PM
JK Newbie

Having fiat own jeep rather than the uaw, is a step up.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The worst part about the UAW owning it is the conflict of interest. I believe though Fiat just purchased those shares earlier this year.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrKenmore
As a quick tidbit......spot check VIN numbers. This can tell you a lot. If it starts with a 1 it's from the US, 2 from Canada, 3 from Mexico, K from Korea, J from Japan, W from Germany. You'd be surprised where a lot of vehicles are made.
Well if this is the case my 2010 is from right here in the good ol USA. At leaste put together here.

Quick Reply: who owns jeep