Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Windshield Washers Squirt Too High

Old 11-24-2014, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Washers Squirt Too High

They seem to only hit the top half of my windshield, anyone else? is there a way to adjust/lower the spray pattern?
Old 11-24-2014, 03:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mschneid
They seem to only hit the top half of my windshield, anyone else? is there a way to adjust/lower the spray pattern?
I thought I remembered fiddling with mine and didn't seem to be adjustable. The adjustable ones I've seen before you can put a pin in and angle the nozzle a bit. Have you popped it out and checked if there might be a bit of gunk caught near the tip preventing it from spraying evenly?
Old 11-24-2014, 03:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I replaced the washer nozzle on my 2011 with a nozzle from the 2013+.
They do have two holes instead of just one.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's what she said
Old 11-25-2014, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

The nozzles are net. They are not adjustable.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:50 PM
JK Freak

My 2010 JKUS got bumped and the hood needing replacing. My insurance company graciously supplied the upgrade. The 2013+ dual nozzles really make a big difference, especially with mud. Where I once got a soft misting, now the washers are a dual deluge... with one on each side of the windshield, driver and passenger.

Old 11-26-2014, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mschneid
Check them for blockage like scale buildup or wax. In the past I have even used a needle to clean them out as well as lift them up and push them down to adjust the spray.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mwtrent
Check them for blockage like scale buildup or wax. In the past I have even used a needle to clean them out as well as lift them up and push them down to adjust the spray.
I used a good sized sewing needle to widen the hole the tiniest bit. I put the point of the needle in an gently pressured downward. It did the trick, get a bit more fluid lower down on the glass.

Seems maybe the washer was designed to be used while driving at highway speeds. Or to spray the car behind you while you're stopped at a red light.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine were the same way, even brand new when they were clean as could be.

I simply took a small flathead screw driver and pressed LIGHTLY in the hole where the fluid sprays out (toward the bottom side), making a very slight change in the hole opening. I mean very slight. Now it completely saturates my windshield with a quick squirt of the fluid.

Quick Reply: Windshield Washers Squirt Too High