Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Winter Soft Top storage

Old 09-14-2008, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter Soft Top storage

Quick Stupid question. I dont want to store my Soft top under my hard top this winter. Has anyone seen a storage bag or anything for the soft top in the garage?

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:50 AM
JK Freak

If you got the dual tops it should of come with a snap leather cover. Stick it in there and drop it in the garage or grab a could ladder hangers and hang it on a wall. No big deal compared to storing a hard top.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

pretty much same here, I make sure it's clean, dry, then put a protectant on it like 303, bundle the main bulk of it up, put some straps around it and hang it on the garage wall, I'm sure an actual storage bag would be nice, but not for me, gonna save that money for other wonderful mods...or gas now
Old 09-15-2008, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Since I use the garage and a part of the basement to make a bachelor, I now park in my car port and it's all open. It's not secure to leave the top, soft or hard, reachable for everyone so I had to find a way to store both, the soft and the hard top, in the season I do not use it. I start with a reduced model of my idea. Here's what it looked like:

Then I decided to build it for real. I Wanted it to be strong enough to hold the hard top on the wall, so I started by fixing the frame on the wall. Then I build the box and the doors around it. I made it big enough to hold soft top with some tools and winter stuff in the winter season, but also to hold the hard top, the freedom panel and the 4 doors in the summer time. The soft top is on foldable hooks which I fold up to place the hard top. So here how it turns out:

While I was building it:

At the end:

The hard top is currently in it with the panel and was there all summer but I don't have any picture of that. I should take the time to remove the doors and put them in for the time of a picture... it all fit in.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:18 AM
JK Junkie

I store mine on my Jeep in the winter......

of course I don't have a hard top....
Old 09-20-2008, 02:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is one kick ass storage
I like that a lot,for the soft top I just wrap it safely and in its boot and in the house.
I love having both tops,with the CJ and the TJ they were soft tops I had enough of that during the winter
Old 09-20-2008, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Question

Stupid question time, guys...

This is my second winter with the Jeep. When I got it last October, it came with the hard top already on, but we had some real nice weather here last Oct., and I put the soft-top on, I just left it on all winter.

So, when I got to put the hard-top on this winter, does the soft-top have to come totally off? It won't fit under the hard-top?

Thanks!
Shell
Old 09-20-2008, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow, mine isn't nearly as good as Alext, but here's mine:

Has all four doors, and both the soft top and the Mopar Sun Bonnet top on the same hangers from Home Depot. Under the felt is the three plastic windows.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:47 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Shellikins
Stupid question time, guys...

This is my second winter with the Jeep. When I got it last October, it came with the hard top already on, but we had some real nice weather here last Oct., and I put the soft-top on, I just left it on all winter.

So, when I got to put the hard-top on this winter, does the soft-top have to come totally off? It won't fit under the hard-top?

Thanks!
Shell
You can only run one top at a time. You have to pick between the soft or hard top. Jeep ships with them both on, but they place large stickers on them saying to only run one at a time.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:29 PM
JK Freak

I saw those big stickers, but why can't you? Any Idea?

Quick Reply: Winter Soft Top storage