Notices
VENGEANCE - The Curmudgeons Revenge JK Build This forum is dedicated to our good friend HappyCurmudgeon who recently lost his fight against Sarcoma Cancer. Information on how you can help provide hope for his family can be found here.

Let VENGEANCE be Yours - Bidding Starts Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Old 12-28-2011, 01:36 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SPONSORS ON BOARD:
Off Road Evolution - Installation/Labor
EVO MFG - EVO hood, EVO front bumper, EVO 4 inch rear stretch
ATX - Slab Bead Lock Wheels
PSC - Ram Assist Steering
Dynomax - Exhaust System
Poison Spyder - Cage and Rear Stinger Tire Carrier
WARN - VR8000-s winch (with Spydura synthetic rope)
Nitto Tire - 37" Trail Grapplers
Northridge4x4 - TBA
4WD.com - Limited Shopping Spree
Superchips - Flashpaq

Old 12-28-2011, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

As a civilian I have the awesome experience of working overseas with some of America's finest men and women both in the military and civilian capacities. In the same aspect, my work takes me away from the ones I care about most. It’s going to be over 5-1/2 months before I get to come home and see my family again. The first time I have not been with my family for the holidays... Long story short and to tie this in, it’s given me a great time to think about priorities and to gauge what is important in life. Dealing with my frivolous issues and following the threads more so, over the past few months, it’s really put a lot into perspective.

I can honestly say that Ken and his family have been on my mind all day, so much that I thought it important to post to my friends and family this evening;
As I end my day 7,000+ miles away from home, i encourage you all to love the ones you are with, cherish each day and each moment you have together. Life is for the living, don't waste it with negativity or bitterness or resentment! Strive to be the bigger person and love more than you even know how!

One Love,
Shawn

Just to give and example of how awesome Ken was, here is a post of his from earlier this month:

December 11[SUP]th[/SUP]: ...I am glad to have helped you in any way I could. I dont feel courageous at all, but my wife and friends such as yourself keep saying they think I am. I personally dont see it. In fact I feel pretty terrified at times. But I need to keep pushing forward as my family needs me, and it's the only direction I know how to go. Forward.

I sincerely hope that me telling people how I feel without pulling any punches, in some way helps someone to be happier, or hug their kids or wife a little longer, or be nice to someone who maybe doesn’t deserve it… anything to help people be better to each other. People are so wrapped up in the instant gratification craze (instant messaging, fast food, email, all that type of stuff) that they forget to slow down and look around. The faster you live, the faster your life slips by.

Believe me, it is far too short to begin with, having it ripped away from you when you are only halfway done is just… well… infuriating, depressing…. There isn’t a sufficient word to use to describe it. I hope none of you ever experience it...

(This thread is located at:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...n&goto=newpost)
Old 12-28-2011, 02:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ken's Curmudgeon's Revenge

Ken's thoughts (before he meets his maker) were to help his loving family,Wife April and Daughter Mackenzie

And for Ken to post this on a world wide forum, say's something about the Man,
He deeply loved his family and his JK, and for him to give up his JK for Curmudgeon's Revenge proves his love for his family !

Whether it be PayPal, Stickers or money donations, Ken's family is in need, and support.
We have to thank Eddie and his Family and forum member's for taking on this task.

This is The Best JK Family Forum !

Knowing that Ken was an Air Force Veteran with a Silver Jk and reading the thread The-Tale-of-RedJeep, in his death I associated Ken with the poem High Flight, That has over the years become a mantra to Air Force Pilots form around the world.

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air.
Up, up the long delirious, burning blue,
I've topped the windswept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or even eagle flew -
And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
The high untresspassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand and touched the face of God.

-------------------------------------------------------Pilot Officer Gillespie Magee

Old 12-29-2011, 03:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Bumping for ken to stay in our thoughts and best wishes to his family.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 33 williys 77
Ken's thoughts (before he meets his maker) were to help his loving family,Wife April and Daughter Mackenzie

And for Ken to post this on a world wide forum, say's something about the Man,
He deeply loved his family and his JK, and for him to give up his JK for Curmudgeon's Revenge proves his love for his family !

Whether it be PayPal, Stickers or money donations, Ken's family is in need, and support.
We have to thank Eddie and his Family and forum member's for taking on this task.

This is The Best JK Family Forum !

Knowing that Ken was an Air Force Veteran with a Silver Jk and reading the thread The-Tale-of-RedJeep, in his death I associated Ken with the poem High Flight, That has over the years become a mantra to Air Force Pilots form around the world.

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air.
Up, up the long delirious, burning blue,
I've topped the windswept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or even eagle flew -
And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
The high untresspassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand and touched the face of God.

-------------------------------------------------------Pilot Officer Gillespie Magee

In reading this particular post, what Ken says is very true. I am very sorry to hear of Ken's passing and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. I for one know what it is like. I lost my wife to cancer last month. If anyone can take away something positive from this, it is in what Ken said. Life is short. Sometimes too short. So treasure each moment and focus on the little things in life that make it worthwhile. Stop and enjoy the sunset or sunrise and give thanks to what you have in front of you.

If there is anything I can do at all, please let me know. Send me an email.

Sincerely,

Aaron
Old 01-06-2012, 08:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Page 11---->>>> That's unpossible!!! Back to the top for a great dude. Can't wait to see the revenge build!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another bump for Happy!

Any new developments on this effort?
Old 01-09-2012, 10:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Speaking of Happy, does anyone know how his family is doing? Coping with such loss must be very difficult. I sure hope they are managing and hanging in there.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:38 PM
JK Freak

Bump for Happy. No words can describe how losing a family member feels. Thoughts and prairs for his family.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:18 PM
JK Super Freak

@ Wayoflife, is there a way we could have a second thread made that is locked and only updatable by you or other mods, to follow the additions and path that this build takes? I have followed this thread from the beginning but at 65 pages deep already, could be hard to follow and afraid of missing updates.

Quick Reply: Let VENGEANCE be Yours - Bidding Starts Tuesday, December 11, 2012