Notices
Wanted Make it easier for people to clean out their garage by letting them know you want their dust collectors. Post the things you want and/or are looking for here.

Track Bar

Old 10-30-2014, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Bar

I have a slight death wobble and my local mechanic said it was my track bar. So I'm looking for either a slightly used OE one or an aftermarket one.

Try to install this bad boy myself!
Old 10-30-2014, 10:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Thelarster
I have a slight death wobble and my local mechanic said it was my track bar. So I'm looking for either a slightly used OE one or an aftermarket one. Try to install this bad boy myself!
I have a stock one. Not sure how much it would be to ship though. Might not be too bad.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PsychoCupcake
I have a stock one. Not sure how much it would be to ship though. Might not be too bad.
Thanks for the reply, let me see if anyone local has one first and I'll let you know.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:21 PM
JK Newbie

I have one ..... I'm in NJ I'll sell it cheap plus shipping
Old 11-03-2014, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

Not sure what your mechanic checked no don't mean to undermine his work but make sure the holes in the mounts are not wallowed out. Also if it hadn't been done it would be a good idea to stop by your local hardware store be pick up some new grade 8 bolts. The oem ones are 14mm and the holes are 9/16. I replaced mine with shouldered 9/16 grade 8.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bigcharlie58
Not sure what your mechanic checked no don't mean to undermine his work but make sure the holes in the mounts are not wallowed out. Also if it hadn't been done it would be a good idea to stop by your local hardware store be pick up some new grade 8 bolts. The oem ones are 14mm and the holes are 9/16. I replaced mine with shouldered 9/16 grade 8.
Dang, thanks for the info! I'll check the mounts tomorrow for sure. Assuming it's wallowed out I'll need new brackets instead? (I've done some work but still learning the Jeep components!)

And I'll hit my local hardware shop too. Live seen and heard of people doing that but I have not yet.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

The best way to check is to unbolt the track bar and look at the holes where the bolt goes through. You can stick the bolt back in and try to wiggle it. With the new 9/16 bolt there shouldn't be any wiggle room. With the stock bolt there'll be a title but it will be obvious if it's been wallowed out.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:35 PM
JK Newbie

And as far as replacing the track bar itself, don't take it to a shop. It's very simple, only 2 bolts. 1 on the p/s axle and the other on the d/s frame.

Quick Reply: Track Bar