Notices
Wanted Make it easier for people to clean out their garage by letting them know you want their dust collectors. Post the things you want and/or are looking for here.

WANTED: Front Stock Bumper In New England

Old 10-25-2011, 08:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WANTED: Front Stock Bumper In New England

Ahh yes... the perks of parking near the Fenway bars on a Saturday night. Some asshat plowed into my Jeep and dented the front bumper and didn't even have the common courtesy to leave a note (in Boston?! Imagine that!). Some other idiot (possibly even the same idiot) appeared to have sat on my hood and dented it as well. I was able to pop out the original big dent, but now there are two little ones that I can't pop out.

With that being said, I'm hoping to find a free stock bumper to replace the dented one. I tried the hairdryer trick and everything, but the dent is pretty deep and in an area where I can't pop it out from the other end. It's the stock Sahara bumper, so I would need one with the foglight cutouts and tow hook cutouts (I don't need the actual lights or hooks, but if they're attached I'll be happy to take them and pass them along should someone I know need them).

Money is tight so I'd greatly appreciate taking an unwanted bumper off someone's hands, but if you need cash for it I'm sure we could work something out. I'm located on the North Shore in MA, but will obviously drive a reasonable distance to meet up should you have one. I'd also be willing to take any advice on how to fix the dent myself if no bumpers are available. Thanks guys!
Old 10-26-2011, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was about to list mine on freecycle. Stock Rubicon front bumper minus the tow hooks. Unfortunetly we are on different shores. Not sure what it would take to ship that thing.

Is the steel dented or just the plastic?
Old 10-30-2011, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply, Cold. I appreciate the offer, but I'd imagine the shipping would be ridiculous. As for the damage to my bumper, it's only a softball sized dent to the plastic. No damage to the steel, but the dent is in an area where I can't pop it out from the back. Thanks again!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SPARTA
Thanks for the reply, Cold. I appreciate the offer, but I'd imagine the shipping would be ridiculous. As for the damage to my bumper, it's only a softball sized dent to the plastic. No damage to the steel, but the dent is in an area where I can't pop it out from the back. Thanks again!
Very sorry to hear about the dickhead denting it. Got rid of my stock one two months ago but I know a guy in my club who has one from when he put on a Poison Spyder bumper. PM me if you can't find a donor. In the meantime I can email him to see if it's still available.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:42 AM
JK Super Freak

FYI I emailed the guy in my club about his too. Will let you know what he says. He's in Raynham so if he has it then you would have two options on which one you want. Although I think NH would be a nice pretty ride these days, if there are any leaves left.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Navyvetnorwich91
FYI I emailed the guy in my club about his too. Will let you know what he says. He's in Raynham so if he has it then you would have two options on which one you want. Although I think NH would be a nice pretty ride these days, if there are any leaves left.
Checked with guy in my club. Unfortunately, his front bumper is already gone. Sorry I couldn't help you out.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dave, thank you very much for all of your effort. I truly appreciate it. With my luck I'll replace the bumper and then some other dingbat will dent the OTHER side haha. Thanks again!

To anyone else reading this, I'm still looking so please let me know if you find anything!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are not in a hurry...? I'll have one in a few weeks because I'm replacing mine with an off road bumper. I'm also in Ct.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jae Suite

Hey I have a stock with fog holes, tow hooks, all hardware, etc. located in CT. Let me know, I'll trade you for yours. You can prolly get navy to come get it.
When did I become a freaking UPS delivery man?
Old 11-08-2011, 04:29 AM
JK Newbie

you could always just cut off each end and stubby that thing with an end cap...

Quick Reply: WANTED: Front Stock Bumper In New England