Notices
Whats In Our Shop In-house builds and projects

Genesis Offroad's new expedition JK project

Old 04-08-2016, 12:35 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nicely done there on the NEBO roof rack install! The black/silver combination looks great on your JK!
Old 04-11-2016, 06:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The build is coming along nicely Shane! Love the pics of your helpers as well!
Old 04-11-2016, 08:33 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Over the weekend I installed the JCR Offroad Crusader front bumper, JCR Vanguard rear bumper, and their brand new body mounted tire carrier with the Hi-Lift jack mount, along with a Warn Xeon 10 winch.

I also put the awesome HIDProjectors headlights in place, but I'm waiting on the sPOD SE system to arrive tomorrow to get the angel eyes wired up.

It's storming outside right now but I'll post up new pictures soon.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:14 PM
Former Vendor

It's been a really busy couple days over here trying to get ready for Jeep Beach. 8 million things to do, not enough time!

The JCR Offroad front bumper and the extra skid plate were pretty easy to install. I'm glad I went for the lower skid, it does complete the look and makes the front of the Jeep look more 'finished' or something. I'm also glad we went with the mid-width. Amy was wanting a full width and I wanted the stubby bumper like my last JK, so we compromised, and I really like it.

Next on the list is the suspension. I could write an entire book on the topic of suspension choices, but I'll spare you the long version. The short version is that I wanted to keep this one a lot lower than my last JK which had a 6" lift on 37s. It flexed like a mad man in the rocks, which was awesome, but since this one is being built as an overland rig, my requirements were different. This time around I really wanted it to be nice and comfortable and easy to drive for long distances. Next week we are headed to Daytona from our place in Olive Branch, Mississippi, and then next month we are headed to Arizona for Overland Expo and out to California for a few days. On the way home we plan to do some wheeling in Sedona and in Colorado. Going coast to coast within a month means it needs good road manners more than it needs mad flex. After freshening up on the current options (I got out of doing custom builds a couple years ago), I decided on the Metalcloak Overland Elite 3.5" Suspension system. I'll try to shoot a video with Matson from Metalcloak at Jeep Beach to talk about why I chose this system so I'm not too long winded here.

The track bars are beef compared to the stock ones.

You definitely don't want to get cracked in the kneecaps with this thing.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:20 PM
Former Vendor

Everyone knows the JK is the most customizable vehicle on the planet, with tons of high quality options out there to make your Jeep really express your personality and style. HIDProjectors really takes custom to the next level. Now you can have your very own custom built headlights, exactly to your specs.

With this build, I'm going for clean and simple. Still, it doesn't hurt to throw in a little eye candy to make it pop. I had the guys over at HIDProjects paint the shroud to match the Jeep's body color, billet silver. The housing was then painted in flat black to match the bumpers and wheels. They even etched the Genesis Offroad lion head logo on the lens! Come on, that's just plain cool!

More pics when I get them wired up.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:29 PM
Former Vendor

The stance with the Metalcloak Overland Elite 3.5" suspension, Method Racing NV wheels on BFG KM2 35s, and the JCR Offroad bumpers turned out just killer I think!

I didn't get much done today other than installing the new sPOD SE touchscreen system, but that almost doesn't even count as work since it only took about 4 minutes.

I spent most of the day picking up this new little enclosed trailer. Last year we were already at max capacity for going to shows like Jeep Beach. Even with the Teraflex NEBO roof rack, I knew we would need more room this year.

We are launching several new products at Jeep Beach, and I wanted to bring at least a handful of each of our products to have available at the show. Anyone out there have experience with Interstate brand enclosed trailers? This is their top of the line Load Runner model in a 5x8' size and I really like it, lots of nice features. I wasn't familiar with them before this week, but they seem to have a great reputation.

5 days till we leave for Jeep Beach!
Old 04-20-2016, 05:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have one of the 5x8 Load Runners as well. We keeps ours loaded with camping gear. Pulls well and has been pretty rugged as we haul it back into the backcountry regularly for dispersed camping.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

Do you leave the brackets on for the nebo roof rack when you go topless or? Is it a pain?

Quick Reply: Genesis Offroad's new expedition JK project