SRC Smitty Built Roll Cage 76904
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Jeep JK Punisher Edition Build Log Full Custom Jeep by Del Rey Customs

Old 07-28-2014, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A shop coffee cup is where you decide to spend the extra $. Now that's funny

Last edited by pjmjk; 10-16-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Del Rey Customs
Nope just used a local printer. If that's the case than damn I should of order on line. Could of saved my self 50 bucks. But then again I got to wait on that company to print is and ship them to me to ship out. It's just easier to walk in to a shop and walk out with them an hour later. I believe convenience to me is work an extra 5 bucks. But Collin has proven a point. Always looking for the cheapest parts.
Hmmmm. You don't have a Wallgreens or a CVS pharmacy in CA? They are local here. One on every other street corner it seems. I know you have Walmart. They are even less expensive there. But no shipping. On the other hand, if you made them and planned on shipping them, it would save you time. And money. And finding this out, after reading the post that inspired it, took me about 25 seconds. Typed in "photo coffee mug". I could have found, designed, and paid for these faster than you could have walked out to your car.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:35 PM
Former Vendor

Just a thought... most shop in Southern California charge on average $1700-$2000 to bolt a lift on. That's just the labor.

We called around and check some the prices in "Our Area" and that's the going rate. The whole point of DIY is to save the "labor" and most DIY guys are not going take 2-5 months off work to work on there own build themselves. If you can do than then "My hats off to you!!" But we know most DIY people take years to build their JK the way they envision them and learn a lot in the process by doing in on piece at a time, one sunday at a time, and as parts break looking for the next best thing at then next best price.

Now a customer like 3 Chainz has the ability to want what he wants and this is his Jeep and were constructing to his specs. Once again even if we don't personally agree on it, were being paid to do the job the way he wants it done.

I find it amusing (personal opinion because at time i am this type of guy) that forum/internet guys expect a shop to make nothing on parts, price match even eBay on some items that are used when there looking for new. We understand that the internet has shrunk margins and there is no real way to screw a customer over these days. I have customer all day that ask us to price match and eBay auction/ Amazon items which is below our cost at times and to earn their business do install for nothing. I wish We could run a business like that.

We also understand some companies do a huge buy in and then slang product out for cheep based on volume. The sell the items at cost and then get a discount off that they keep as profit which makes sense on say 200 of one items. I once again wish we could compete and offer special deals like a Northridge4x4 or Quadratec on one item but my ordering and buying power is limited.

So Thanks for your concerns, they have been noted, but all the parts, we were close to price to the websites we listed above. And all pricing was approved after the original quote which 3 chainz reviewed for about 3 weeks. When we meet again he ask us to change a few things and we agreed on the price. He gave us his budget we added and removed some things and currently were about 69,000 even after the Axle and the Lockers upgrade including the Labor and time of transporting the car too and from Hoopers. Most of you when it's payday expect a paycheck and for that money to be in your company checking account to cover it we would hope.

I would like to look at it like this

Automotive shops charge Labor. If you a dealership, repair shop, body shop, or an audio shop... labor has to be charged. Imagine if you boss came to you and said " were going hook this customer up fat, so can you stay off the clock for a few weeks, work on his car for free since were not charging him labor and were going give parts away." Most of you under that proposition your proposing would probably quit your job.

So yes we do charge labor we have about 350 hours invested in this build and about another 100 hours to finish it off.

September 15 is the delivery date if your keeping score at home.

I apologize if my grammar and typing skills are not the best. I have been trying to spend some more time in checking my post and stop posting from my phone.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Found the Punisher's twin in Vancouver BC. Any chance 3chainz will be doing this hood decal to follow suit with the theme of the build? Just curious. Flat matte black of course with the color of 3chainz jeep being different. Just an option.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-49676604.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	568038

Sent from my recliner
Old 07-28-2014, 02:35 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Collyn
Hmmmm. You don't have a Wallgreens or a CVS pharmacy in CA? They are local here. One on every other street corner it seems. I know you have Walmart. They are even less expensive there. But no shipping. On the other hand, if you made them and planned on shipping them, it would save you time. And money. And finding this out, after reading the post that inspired it, took me about 25 seconds. Typed in "photo coffee mug". I could have found, designed, and paid for these faster than you could have walked out to your car.
True could of done a lot of things but then again we have a local guy who makes the mugs and I want to give him some business. I don't plan on getting into the coffee mug business anytime soon. I like to support local business when I can. Personally I like a good mom and pop coffee shop over a chain restaurant.

but There is always the Fine Print, tax, shipping fees and if you want multiple they will not ship to different addresses.

Name:	mug.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	568029

That cool if I order each one by one and pay tax 13.99 tax 1.26 plus the 5.95 shipping work out to actually be $21.20

Or you can look at discountmugs.com that advertise at 6.21 but in the cart its 7.01 plus set up fees and impression fees and net cost for 24 mugs at 16.26 and i still need to ship them out for lets say 5.95 to cover shipping....$22.21 per mug.

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	568039

So just as an example sometime the advertised price in the Google shopping square is not accurate.

Name:	mug 1.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	568041

you always have to look at the back end and go to the check out process and do the researcher.

So instead of looking on line trying to find a better deal my mug guy said "24 or more by the case of mugs, I'll set them up print them box and ship them for you." 20 bucks and I forward just an email and there ready to go is a good deal to me.

(plus before i did the post i made sure the Venice Homie was giving a fair price)
Old 07-28-2014, 02:51 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SKTN Rubi
Found the Punisher's twin in Vancouver BC. Any chance 3chainz will be doing this hood decal to follow suit with the theme of the build? Just curious. Flat matte black of course with the color of 3chainz jeep being different. Just an option.

Attachment 568038

Sent from my recliner
That's sick!!!! Lime Green always looks good.... Love all the SmittyBuilt accessories....

I was think this for the T-Rex Torch Grill since ours has the Poison Spyder Hood Louver in the center of the hood

[ATTACH]568043[/ATTACH

We have reached out and also seeing if the offer matching side badges to replace the Trail Rated Logo.

Maybe we will do Punisher down the side of the hood like a stock Rubicon Logo... Haven't thought that Far ahead
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	568043  

Last edited by Del Rey Customs; 07-28-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:00 PM
JK Freak

Got my mug today, thanks man.

I don't understand those t-rex grills, just not appealing at all to me. Doesn't look like any effort was made by the manufacturer to make it work with the body lines of the vehicle. They keep popping up though so some people must like them. They could have at least went with rounded corners.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:32 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AaronJK
Got my mug today, thanks man.

I don't understand those T-Rex grills, just not appealing at all to me. Doesn't look like any effort was made by the manufacturer to make it work with the body lines of the vehicle. They keep popping up though so some people must like them. They could have at least went with rounded corners.
I kind of thought that as well but when we cut the inserts out of the stock insert I see why. Also I don't Like the face they don't leave an opening for the OEM Hood Lock for the vehicles equipped with them. The Light bar sits right where the hood lock should be on say a Rubicon or a Sahara.

For the look its fine I still like the Inserts like on the Stormtrooper JK we did over the weekend just the black grille inserts.

The advantage is the light mount. We have done quite a few customer that want their light bars behind the Grille or flushed into the Grille and i think Trenz identified this as a trend and put them out on the market and i have seen some other manufactures as well follow suit.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got my mug today too. Now I will never forget this thread! Thanks!
Old 07-28-2014, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Del Rey Customs

That's sick!!!! Lime Green always looks good.... Love all the SmittyBuilt accessories....

I was think this for the T-Rex Torch Grill since ours has the Poison Spyder Hood Louver in the center of the hood

568043[/ATTACH

We have reached out and also seeing if the offer matching side badges to replace the Trail Rated Logo.

Maybe we will do Punisher down the side of the hood like a stock Rubicon Logo... Haven't thought that Far ahead
You need to get the punisher skulls and weld them to the diff covers like they do around here... Paint them red!

'12 JK, 3.5 metal cloak, Miami Hurricane stuck in Baltimore....