SRC Smitty Built Roll Cage 76904
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Jeep JK Punisher Edition Build Log Full Custom Jeep by Del Rey Customs

Old 07-29-2014, 10:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Del Rey Customs
On average most shop around the greater Los angels area.

Average labor rates in Souther California are about 100.00 bucks an hour. Expensive out here lol.
so what basic bolt on lift takes a shop 20 hours to install? New York isn't much different from LA(cost wise) and I've never heard of anyone paying anywhere near that for a lift install except at the shadiest dealer around where they felt smittybilt steps, KC halogen a-pillar lights and mopar lift were worth $12k.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:09 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ABENDX
Labor rates in SoCal are significantly lower.... Maybe a high end shop posts that kind of rate, but no one actually pays it if they are smart enough to ask. And that's the high end with a brand and reputation. Someone working out of the back of another company's stereo shop... IDK, might be a bit ambitious to look at Rebel and EVO as your competition.
ASC, 4WP or Burbank off road?
Old 07-29-2014, 10:10 AM
Former Vendor

Globe tire and motorsports wanted 2500.00 to install the Lift and 450 to install the brake kit and 200 for the master cylinder.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

So yes we do charge labor we have about 350 hours invested in this build and about another 100 hours to finish it off.
450 hours is 56.25 full eight hour work days spent solely on that jeep.

If somebody told me they were going to be charging me 56+ entire days of labor, I'd expect them to be fabricating something complete from the ground up. That's an insane amount of labor to install a lift kit, paint, audio, fenders, wheels, etc. People regularly install full lifts in their driveways in under a day. Regardless of whether you charge for all that time or not, an entire house can be built from the ground up in that time frame, let alone install some aftermarket parts on a jeep.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pjay37
450 hours is 56.25 full eight hour work days spent solely on that jeep. If somebody told me they were going to be charging me 56+ entire days of labor, I'd expect them to be fabricating something complete from the ground up. That's an insane amount of labor to install a lift kit, paint, audio, fenders, wheels, etc. People regularly install full lifts in their driveways in under a day. Regardless of whether you charge for all that time or not, an entire house can be built from the ground up in that time frame, let alone install some aftermarket parts on a jeep.
If i did my math correctly, he could have bought a turn key AEV 4dr Brute already finished this way instead of buying this jeep and having the "mods" performed here.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:32 AM
Former Vendor

Trust me we did not bill by the hour. If we had a solid 6-8 weeks with nothing else going on and no other customers that's about what it would take. Plus having a paint shop with nothing going on and us being the only customer.

Just some of the parts due to back orders took 8 weeks to arrive.

House are built by crew of guys not just 2 or 3 guys. Plus they can on any given day have 20-30 guys working on site. (Little un fair comparison)

they can have framers, plumbers and electrical going all at the same time. Some day you get 200+ hours of work completed in one day.

By that standard it should of been done on 2 days. lol. That would of been epic.

Has anyone ever done the XRC full armor them selves? The side cladding had to be pilot and drilled into the body.

Last edited by Del Rey Customs; 07-29-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Earth Siege
If i did my math correctly, he could have bought a turn key AEV 4dr Brute already finished this way instead of buying this jeep and having the "mods" performed here.
True, but I don't believe his client wants an AEV Jeep.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:57 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Vladimer
True, but I don't believe his client wants an AEV Jeep.
Also AEV had a hug staff building their turn keys. If they have to build one for you the wait time can be 4-8 weeks.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Also AEV had a hug staff building their turn keys. If they have to build one for you the wait time can be 4-8 weeks.
I'd rather wait that long for an AEV build than the 2+ months on this shit show.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK
I'd rather wait that long for an AEV build than the 2+ months on this shit show.
Didn't they get this thing in March and it was supposed to be ready in June and now delivery is in September? I may be a month off but I feel like I remember something along those lines without going back through the thread