Originally Posted by Sputnik
The tags for this thread are priceless.
half ass build is a good one too
Old 08-31-2014, 01:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eclipse3319
half ass build is a good one too
This one? I'd call it... Interesting. Good? Hardly. Mine would destroy it, and I haven't put a third of the cash into mine. Heck, the audio system alone covers most of my mods. And audio doesn't get you over the rock in front of you.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KCCO JK
This one? I'd call it... Interesting. Good? Hardly. Mine would destroy it, and I haven't put a third of the cash into mine. Heck, the audio system alone covers most of my mods. And audio doesn't get you over the rock in front of you.
It's not built for the rocks as discussed several times already.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:47 AM
Former Vendor

the audio system is only about 6500.00 looks like a well built Front axle cost that these days.

Sorry I have been quite, just trying to finish the build and have not had time to play on the forum.... Holiday weekend and I am work. Enjoy!!!
Old 08-31-2014, 01:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
It's not built for the rocks as discussed several times already.
True. It isn't for the rocks. It's not for pebbles either, lol.

Originally Posted by Del Rey Customs
the audio system is only about 6500.00 looks like a well built Front axle cost that these days. Sorry I have been quite, just trying to finish the build and have not had time to play on the forum.... Holiday weekend and I am work. Enjoy!!!
I thought ya'll were gonna do a 16k audio setup? Or is my memory just getting bad already, lol. >.< Either way, my old d44 setup, fully finished was 3700ish. Of course, luck landed me a ProRock 44, and that setup was only about 5k, finished. 6500 is quite a bit high.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

True. It isn't for the rocks. It's not for pebbles either, lol. I thought ya'll were gonna do a 16k audio setup? Or is my memory just getting bad already, lol. >.< Either way, my old d44 setup, fully finished was 3700ish. Of course, luck landed me a ProRock 44, and that setup was only about 5k, finished. 6500 is quite a bit high.
I thought the same thing on the audio. Or $12k or something like that. I'll second your price in the PR44 also. Myself and several others said the same thing only to fall on deaf ears.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
I thought the same thing on the audio. Or $12k or something like that. I'll second your price in the PR44 also. Myself and several others said the same thing only to fall on deaf ears.
Yeah, I remembered thinking "good lord, with that money you want to upgrade audio??" With that, my thoughts were PR60s!

And yeah, a PR44, finished, is only about 5k. 2200 for the housing, 1700 for locker and gears, and 1200 for RCV's. So 5.1k if you get RCVs. Less if you just get chromoly shafts. Where'd the other 1.4k go, lol.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, I remembered thinking "good lord, with that money you want to upgrade audio??" With that, my thoughts were PR60s!

And yeah, a PR44, finished, is only about 5k. 2200 for the housing, 1700 for locker and gears, and 1200 for RCV's. So 5.1k if you get RCVs. Less if you just get chromoly shafts. Where'd the other 1.4k go, lol.
The audio had a few ups and downs in terms of strategy as we knocked around the options. Budget has ranged from $2,500 to $15k at various points. The end point was that this Jeep has no roof and only trail doors, so assuming it ever rains again in SoCal (and we really need it to as we have run out of water) then everything needs to be marine grade. I also had all the interior stripped out and rhino lined and then we took most of the silencing out of the exhaust system. It's loud in there!! So we decided to sacrifice the top end audio system for something that was robust and loud. I think there are 13-14 speakers in there now and a rack full of marine amps. That should be fine.

It's all going to be controlled from the iPad mini which also controls the headlights non-essential functions (angel eyes, glow etc).

Last edited by 3chainz; 09-01-2014 at 01:55 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 3chainz
The audio had a few ups and downs in terms of strategy as we knocked around the options. Budget has ranged from $2,500 to $15k at various points. The end point was that this Jeep has no roof and only trail doors, so assuming it ever rains again in SoCal (and we really need it to as we have run out of water) then everything needs to be marine grade. I also had all the interior stripped out and rhino lined and then we took most of the silencing out of the exhaust system. It's loud in there!! So we decided to sacrifice the top end audio system for something that was robust and loud. I think there are 13-14 speakers in there now and a rack full of marine amps. That should be fine.

It's all going to be controlled from the iPad mini which also controls the headlights non-essential functions (angel eyes, glow etc).
Controlled by an iPad mini? What happens when it rains? No music at all? That would blow. That's half the fun in being caught in the rain! Blare the radio, and make it look like you don't care. Which you shouldn't, cuz you're in a jeep. But that was a smart move.. 15k audio would be a shame to lose in a freak shower. Personally, I would like a day of Houston rain to hit out here... so I could watch everyone cry about REAL rain for once.