SRC Smitty Built Roll Cage 76904
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Jeep JK Punisher Edition Build Log Full Custom Jeep by Del Rey Customs

Old 09-17-2014, 06:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeep305
Where are you located? I'm in Baltimore, ever hit Raush creek???

'12 JK, 3.5 metal cloak, Miami Hurricane stuck in Baltimore....
I'm in Pottstown. I try and get up there once a month if I can. I usually go Sundays due to work.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I thought you guys were being too mean, but this just takes the cake! Flame away! This is pathetic!
Old 09-18-2014, 02:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gkarshens
I thought you guys were being too mean, but this just takes the cake! Flame away! This is pathetic!
Not really!!! I mean, if you could see that I ACTUALLY REALLY DO LAUGH OUT LOUD about this thread, then that would be mean. Good thing I can post without showing my emotions. Lol.

Last edited by Collyn; 09-18-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys wouldn't understand, this is a luxury shock setup. So bourgeois that the shocks are mounted in a way that ignores all logic. You probably wouldn't understand unless you had gold axle shafts. I would love to know who makes this high end spacer and bolt shock relocation kit so when I drop 80 stacks on my luxury JK I will know who to overpay. Looks like they got the synergy relocation kit and installed it with just the hardware and not the bracket, and backwards.

Last edited by JE8154; 09-19-2014 at 04:00 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AaronJK
I'm in Pottstown. I try and get up there once a month if I can. I usually go Sundays due to work.
Awesome, shoot me a PM next time you go. I've been hitting Chaos a bit too!

'12 JK, 3.5 metal cloak, Miami Hurricane stuck in Baltimore....
Old 09-20-2014, 03:47 PM
Former Vendor

On a stock Axle the is correct on the after market G2 the shock mounts are wider due to the wider Axle. And the brackets put the shocks at a 12% angle off the shock mount. The hardware comes from king to keep the shock paralleled to the upper shock mount and frame.

The Kings fit on the G2 Core 44 no problem there is plenty of room. For the mount and there is no bottom for the Kings to hit.

The hardware king provides is doing the same as your 80 brackets your suggesting. Only thing it's 90• angle on the shock but still a single bolt to the shock bracket.

In this case I can appreciate the suggestion but we will roll with it as is. We got 2 major shows to be at we can sit here and add parts for days to this thing. If we took every suggestion on the forum we would bee hear until next year. Maybe we will build another one and you all can submit your ultimate setup and maybe we will build it. That would be fun.

It was the angle the were seated at that was a concern of ours. Also they are not hitting the frame there about 1/4 of an inch gab between the frame and the shocks.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:10 PM
JK Freak

Is that a 1/4" gap at full droop or ride height? Not trying to be a dick, just the axle shifts when compressing or drooping and will hit the frame then.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:44 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Del Rey Customs
On a stock Axle the is correct on the after market G2 the shock mounts are wider due to the wider Axle. And the brackets put the shocks at a 12% angle off the shock mount. The hardware comes from king to keep the shock paralleled to the upper shock mount and frame.

The Kings fit on the G2 Core 44 no problem there is plenty of room. For the mount and there is no bottom for the Kings to hit.

The hardware king provides is doing the same as your 80 brackets your suggesting. Only thing it's 90• angle on the shock but still a single bolt to the shock bracket.

In this case I can appreciate the suggestion but we will roll with it as is. We got 2 major shows to be at we can sit here and add parts for days to this thing. If we took every suggestion on the forum we would bee hear until next year. Maybe we will build another one and you all can submit your ultimate setup and maybe we will build it. That would be fun.

It was the angle the were seated at that was a concern of ours. Also they are not hitting the frame there about 1/4 of an inch gab between the frame and the shocks.
Um no they aren't doing the same as the brackets and the nemesis brackets we are recommending are a lot more secure and do not mount with just one bolt. If they are wider then that's what you want. Your not going to hurt the shock with the angle. They are mounted wrong simple as that. I would love to see the packing slip with those kings shocks because I'm not believing that stuff came with them and are recommended for use.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:17 PM
JK Freak

Anyone else think it's weird that this jeep is like 6 months past it's original completion date, yet the 'owner' is letting these clowns keep it on the Pimp My Ride car show circuit even after supposedly seeing all these delays are due purely to DRC's incompetence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2014, 08:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by etl330
Anyone else think it's weird that this jeep is like 6 months past it's original completion date, yet the 'owner' is letting these clowns keep it on the Pimp My Ride car show circuit even after supposedly seeing all these delays are due purely to DRC's incompetence? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeh. I don't believe it is for a "customer".