SRC Smitty Built Roll Cage 76904
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Jeep JK Punisher Edition Build Log Full Custom Jeep by Del Rey Customs

Old 10-20-2014, 09:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eclipse3319
And the lesson is......putting Forgiato parts (and a tacky Forgiato sticker) on your Jeep will do that to the price!! lol. Using those guys at Forgiato was probably the only regret on my build but I have already lined up new wheels and tires (sticking with 40's but a better wheel from a much better company). You live and learn.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 3chainz
And the lesson is......putting Forgiato parts (and a tacky Forgiato sticker) on your Jeep will do that to the price!! lol. Using those guys at Forgiato was probably the only regret on my build but I have already lined up new wheels and tires (sticking with 40's but a better wheel from a much better company). You live and learn.
I called out Forgiato as being the "pitfall" for this Jeep wayyyy backkkk. Yep. Forgiato. Haha. Don't stray too far from an air compressor. They are JUNK!
Old 10-21-2014, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Collyn
I called out Forgiato as being the "pitfall" for this Jeep wayyyy backkkk. Yep. Forgiato. Haha. Don't stray too far from an air compressor. They are JUNK!
You did. I remember it well and I did think of you when I wrote that last post. Seriously, these Forgiato guys are something else. On top of that, the service from Forgiato was the worst of anyone I dealt with by a mile. If they tell you its raining I would strongly advise you go to the window and check for yourself! Lol. I do wonder if you are famous/celebrity/pro athlete whether there is a separate 'service channel' that gives a fu*k as they really can't run a business like this to the level of success I think they have.

It does make me wonder the answer to the question that is on everyones lips....how many rappers and retired basketball stars do you need as a customer base to have a business? Lol.

P.S. I'm lucky, I have the on-board air compressor

Last edited by 3chainz; 10-21-2014 at 07:06 AM.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You did. I remember it well and I did think of you when I wrote that last post. Seriously, these Forgiato guys are something else. On top of that, the service from Forgiato was the worst of anyone I dealt with by a mile. If they tell you its raining I would strongly advise you go to the window and check for yourself! Lol. I do wonder if you are famous/celebrity/pro athlete whether there is a separate 'service channel' that gives a fu*k as they really can't run a business like this to the level of success I think they have.

It does make me wonder the answer to the question that is on everyones lips....how many rappers and retired basketball stars do you need as a customer base to have a business? Lol.

P.S. I'm lucky, I have the on-board air compressor
What is your plan for new wheels? 20" beadlock on 40s? 17" beadlock on 40s?
Old 10-21-2014, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
What is your plan for new wheels? 20" beadlock on 40s? 17" beadlock on 40s?
Yeah I liked the look of the 20" beadlocks. I haven't finalized the choice yet - any suggestions for a nice looking solid wheel that can take some abuse on the dunes?
Old 10-21-2014, 07:32 AM
JK Junkie

Yeah I liked the look of the 20" beadlocks. I haven't finalized the choice yet - any suggestions for a nice looking solid wheel that can take some abuse on the dunes?
the 2 I like are the raceline monster and the method nv. Buy those are both in 17" I'm finding.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Try Stazworks or Spyderlocks. Both are pretty badass. These are the Stazworks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3558682490.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	580851  
Old 10-21-2014, 07:45 AM
JK Junkie

Trail ready also.

http://roadracemotorsports.com/store...oducts_id=1481
Old 10-21-2014, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Some great looking wheels. These rock rings - is it a ring that is welded to the wheel to increase the strength but not related to the bead lock as such. The bead lock is a separate part designed to trap the bead so the tire doesn't get pulled off the rim?
Old 10-21-2014, 08:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Some great looking wheels. These rock rings - is it a ring that is welded to the wheel to increase the strength but not related to the bead lock as such. The bead lock is a separate part designed to trap the bead so the tire doesn't get pulled off the rim?
The ring is bolted to the wheel. The act of bolting it to the wheel is what seals it and holds the bead. The rings can be replaced after they've been abused.