SRC Smitty Built Roll Cage 76904
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Jeep JK Punisher Edition Build Log Full Custom Jeep by Del Rey Customs

Old 10-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3chainz
And the lesson is......putting Forgiato parts (and a tacky Forgiato sticker) on your Jeep will do that to the price!! lol. Using those guys at Forgiato was probably the only regret on my build but I have already lined up new wheels and tires (sticking with 40's but a better wheel from a much better company). You live and learn.
Also was in the 2012 Al and Eds Autosound LA Auto Show booth. I'll dig some photos up!
Old 10-21-2014, 05:53 PM
Former Vendor

So here's the beef with Forgiato.

Forgiato agreed to use the Jeep at SEMA. 2 weeks ago me and 3 Chainz took the jeep out to there office for them to finalize SEMA.

John told 3CZ it was in for SEMA and shook both of our hands and we had a deal.

Then the crap rolled in.

1. John is no one at fprgiato he promised over 200 people to be at SEMA to sell more wheels

2. The dropped the ball on this build 2 times taking 18 weeks to deliver the rims. Backing is up close to 2 months.

3. AC the manager at Forgiato said today John never approached him about SEMA and he just know is finding out about this. He was told by John that we were going be in another booth and not to worry. About the punisher that it would be here.

here's the trick vehicle placement closed sep 19th. John told me on the 20th we were in and he had our spot and not worry. At that time Procomp wanted it and was going to for the show drop a new Procomp rim and tire package on it. Now they can't take it with the Forgiato on it. And there booth is full but committed in writing for 2015. Thanks Procomp.

So yeah I been dealing with Forgiato for several (10 years) AC use to Handle our account and this John guy is a total liar. ( first time I have with him) I closed my account with them today. There is no reason to deal with them if he's here only rep.

You don't shake a mans hand and look him in the eye and give him your word. That same man may cut your hand off one day!

Sorry guys I'm realty upset and I apologize to the forum

Still reaching out to companies to get it placed. But 10 days out to back out is chicken shit.

Who down for us to try to sneak on lol.

Looking at Rims now.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 3chainz
You did. I remember it well and I did think of you when I wrote that last post. Seriously, these Forgiato guys are something else. On top of that, the service from Forgiato was the worst of anyone I dealt with by a mile. If they tell you its raining I would strongly advise you go to the window and check for yourself! Lol. I do wonder if you are famous/celebrity/pro athlete whether there is a separate 'service channel' that gives a fu*k as they really can't run a business like this to the level of success I think they have. It does make me wonder the answer to the question that is on everyones lips....how many rappers and retired basketball stars do you need as a customer base to have a business? Lol. P.S. I'm lucky, I have the on-board air compressor
Funny! I think the same thing when I call them. I have installed more Forgiato accessories than just about anyone in Dallas/Ft.Worth and I get the same shitty service. Lol. I am currently dealing with them on an $8000 GRILL! WTF?!? The instructions are horrible. The grills are no longer made "in house" by Forgiato. The new "maker" has substituted different parts with different wiring colors and schematics that do not correlate with the instructions. It's a mess. I call them. They say to call "so and so grills...that's who made it". Lol. I call the number they give me and an old lady answers the phone and said "her son is at lunch and can he call me tomorrow?" Lol.

I called Forgiato and told them sand jockeys to refund our money so we may refund the customer his money. Lol. They said that they would send me another grill. I told them another grill isn't gonna make the situation better. It would simply be two useless grills that are untested and incorrectly built with instructions that haven't been revised to reflect new hardware and wiring. I even offered, on my own time and dime, to rewrite the instructions and send it to them in a PDF file so they could reprint them and include them with their product. They said it wouldn't help because they didn't know who would be making the next "batch" of grills and what sources they would have for LEDs and relays. Lol. Again. This is an $8000 grill! What a joke. It's just as bad with their wheels. My guys have to jump up and down to get tires to slide over the barrels of the wheels. About half the time, the tire is damaged just trying to get them to fit the damn Forgiato barrels. Never a problem on any other brand of wheel. And the tires we use are exclusively Pirelli. Not a junk tire. Zero Neros, Scorpions, etc. They make crap product and have crap service. I try NOT to sell them, and only do if the customer is gonna "walk" without getting Forgiato.

Sorry you are dealing with them. Best of luck dude.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:26 PM
Former Vendor

If for some reason SEMA places me at the show

What do you guys think. Should we throw JK-Forum on it?

That could be dope. Rep the forum not the brands.

I know we have all had our ups and downs but I do have a lot of respect for all of you on this forum.

This has probably been the most fun forum I have been on.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Del Rey Customs
If for some reason SEMA places me at the show What do you guys think. Should we throw JK-Forum on it? That could be dope. Rep the forum not the brands. I know we have all had our ups and downs but I do have a lot of respect for all of you on this forum. This has probably been the most fun forum I have been on.
I've had fun. Glad you guys have thick skins. Lol. If I ever go visit my bitch sister and her asshole husband in Cali maybe I'll try and swing by the shop. But, I doubt it. Maybe I'll see y'all at CES. I'll have a car in the Focal-America booth.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Collyn
Funny! I think the same thing when I call them. I have installed more Forgiato accessories than just about anyone in Dallas/Ft.Worth and I get the same shitty service. Lol. I am currently dealing with them on an $8000 GRILL! WTF?!? The instructions are horrible. The grills are no longer made "in house" by Forgiato. The new "maker" has substituted different parts with different wiring colors and schematics that do not correlate with the instructions. It's a mess. I call them. They say to call "so and so grills...that's who made it". Lol. I call the number they give me and an old lady answers the phone and said "her son is at lunch and can he call me tomorrow?" Lol.

I called Forgiato and told them sand jockeys to refund our money so we may refund the customer his money. Lol. They said that they would send me another grill. I told them another grill isn't gonna make the situation better. It would simply be two useless grills that are untested and incorrectly built with instructions that haven't been revised to reflect new hardware and wiring. I even offered, on my own time and dime, to rewrite the instructions and send it to them in a PDF file so they could reprint them and include them with their product. They said it wouldn't help because they didn't know who would be making the next "batch" of grills and what sources they would have for LEDs and relays. Lol. Again. This is an $8000 grill! What a joke. It's just as bad with their wheels. My guys have to jump up and down to get tires to slide over the barrels of the wheels. About half the time, the tire is damaged just trying to get them to fit the damn Forgiato barrels. Never a problem on any other brand of wheel. And the tires we use are exclusively Pirelli. Not a junk tire. Zero Neros, Scorpions, etc. They make crap product and have crap service. I try NOT to sell them, and only do if the customer is gonna "walk" without getting Forgiato.

Sorry you are dealing with them. Best of luck dude.
There is not grill worth 8k unless it's made of gold and even then it's questionable. Lol
Old 10-21-2014, 10:16 PM
Former Vendor

Paul Wall was doing 30k grills for Lexani back in the Day.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:21 PM
Former Vendor

Focal has not had a booth a CES in a while there up in a hotel room for the Last 3 years. That should be interesting. I'll have to talk to Bill Mckenley. We approached focal/Mosconi on this build for CES as an audio option and Orca did not plan on having a booth but on there Usual Suite. Also buy a focal el camino as well and same story that they weren't planning on a CES booth.

But hey congrats.

We should be in the JL Audio Booth if the have one but JL was not planning on a booth this year either.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
There is not grill worth 8k unless it's made of gold and even then it's questionable. Lol
I agree. Haha. This one isn't told. It shitty steel with poor welds. And doesn't fit without LOTS of work. I could build this grill for $500 my cost of I knew how. Haha. It's only cool feature is it covers the headlights and opens like chameleon eyelids when the headlights are on. Other than that it has LED daytime running lights and LED turn signals. So, basically it has about ;0lbs of steel, two 4" actuators, four 1' strips of LEDs, three Bosch style relays and one 4 pole 4 throw timed relay. Even the wire harness, that is too small to reach the led wiring, is pretty cheap to make.

All in all. A rip off if you ask me. But it does have the Forgiato "F" on it. Lol. I installed the very first one made and three since. I thought on the first one there is a fool born everyday. But I have met more fools! A T-Rex grill fits perfectly, looks similarly, and costs about $600 retail. Without the eyelids.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Del Rey Customs
Focal has not had a booth a CES in a while there up in a hotel room for the Last 3 years. That should be interesting. I'll have to talk to Bill Mckenley. We approached focal/Mosconi on this build for CES as an audio option and Orca did not plan on having a booth but on there Usual Suite. Also buy a focal el camino as well and same story that they weren't planning on a CES booth. But hey congrats. We should be in the JL Audio Booth if the have one but JL was not planning on a booth this year either.
The booth is Marketing Professionals. They rep Focal, Mosconi, and Crossfire in southern US. They also are the PAC people. Look for the car. It's a center steer Honda Civic. With Be Ultimato front stage and a single 18" KRX in the hatch. With Mosconi amps, and 6-8, an older Denon head and a drive/play computer.