SRC Smitty Built Roll Cage 76904
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Jeep JK Punisher Edition Build Log Full Custom Jeep by Del Rey Customs

Old 10-22-2014, 05:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Del Rey Customs

What do you guys think. Should we throw JK-Forum on it?

That could be dope. Rep the forum not the brands.

I know we have all had our ups and downs but I do have a lot of respect for all of you on this forum.

This has probably been the most fun forum I have been on.
I think you answered your own question.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The forum is actually doing two builds. I know for a fact one of them actually gets wheeled. This jeep is not what you want representing a forum that puts out technical info and how to write ups.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JE8154
The forum is actually doing two builds. I know for a fact one of them actually gets wheeled. This jeep is not what you want representing a forum that puts out technical info and how to write ups.
Good point. I hadn't thought of it that way.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:42 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We lost the opportunity. Even offer up 3k out of my own personal pocket. (Hence I make a whopping 15.00 an hour) but since I'm personally not a member of SEMA I can't enter a car for this year.

Real bummer.

I apologize to the forum. Looks like we need a new wheel option something in the 18-20 variety.

Procomp offered a full wheel and tire combo. But I may pass on That.

I like to old school Mickey Thompsons with the beef locks the Baja Style.

Thoughts

Last edited by Del Rey Customs; 10-22-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:15 PM
JK Freak

Raceline
POLY PERFORMANCE OFF-ROAD PARTS*::*Wheels & Tires*::*Wheels*::*Raceline Wheels*::*Raceline RT233 Monster Premium Cast Aluminum Beadlock Wheel

Method
POLY PERFORMANCE OFF-ROAD PARTS*::*Wheels & Tires*::*Wheels*::*Method Race Wheels*::*Method Race Wheels MR105 Machined Beadlock Race Wheel
POLY PERFORMANCE OFF-ROAD PARTS*::*Wheels & Tires*::*Wheels*::*Method Race Wheels*::*Method Race Wheels NV 305 Wheel
Old 10-22-2014, 03:17 PM
JK Junkie

Exactly. However I think both only go as high as 17". Which I think would look better anyways. Would definitely look more punisher.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:10 PM
Former Vendor

I actually was about to post thoes lol
Old 10-22-2014, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't have a dog in the corporate fight when it comes to my Jeep....this is my leisure time and I have cars for fun. So 'Forgiato-gate' has taken an unpleasant turn that is going to end up dragging me into it.

By way of background, Shane and myself visited Forgiato as planned to demo the Jeep so they could see it before SEMA. We met with John from Forgiato who looked over the Jeep and said to Shane and myself "You are definitely going to SEMA and would you mind putting a Forgaito grill on for the show - I'll get you one out of stores and ship it over ready for the show". We all agreed, shook hands and that was all confirmed. There was no ambiguity. It was a clear done deal.

So fast forward to the start of this week and Shane was following up on the grill and the SEMA show details, when he was told by John that they had been given less space by SEMA than planned and they didn't have the space. At this point it all started to unravel, and it turns out John had done deals to take a lot of cars to SEMA with no intention of ever doing so. Why he did that I have no idea.

As I mentioned at the start, I have no corporate dog in this fight. Would I like my Jeep to go to SEMA - yes. Will it effect my life in the slightest if it didn't - no. So what happens next is somewhat beyond belief...

So Shane contacts SEMA and explains what has happened and asks have they any space he can rent personally so at least the Jeep can go as planned. The guys at SEMA are aware of the Jeep and wanted to see it there, so were willing to make a little space to help everyone out, especially for one of their biggest sponsors Forgiato.

At this point contact is made to Forgiato and the owner says he knows nothing about it, which is very likely as John appears to have not told anyone what we have agreed. Something then happens resulting in the owner of Forgiato contacting Shane and accusing Shane and me of lying about the whole thing. Now it is one thing to have a Forgaito staff member lie and make deals he has no intention of honoring. That's shady business but it happens. Maybe a rogue employee, maybe bad corporate culture. Who knows. But the line gets crossed when we get told we made the agreement up and we are lying.

So now I am accused of lying I have to go and clear this matter up. I now have to go and see the owner of Forgiato at SEMA and explain clearly and directly what did happen. There will be no winners from this....just a lot of bad will and a bitter taste left in everyones mouth. Let's hope the owner listens and does the right thing.

And all of this for no obvious reason. Madness.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:48 AM
JK Junkie

You say no reason, I say he sold a lot of $2000 wheels. If he works on commission I see a big reason why he would think he could lie and get away with it.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:28 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just out of pure chaos this thread and build has been i blame the fall thru on you guys aswell....

This is all based off me know next to nothing if the story though ;-) but i can say personally i would have wanted something more definitive than a verbal conversation...