SRC Smitty Built Roll Cage 76904
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Jeep JK Punisher Edition Build Log Full Custom Jeep by Del Rey Customs

Old 12-18-2014, 02:28 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Punisher Edition iPad Mini Slider Kit Installation Sony Radio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B4oIEEUcjI So as we round the final Bend on the audio portion of this Install we have the final parts in place with the iPad Mini Retina Slider Kit installed and flushed in the dash. The iPad Mini was a perfect solution for a topless jeep because you can take it in and out with out any security concerns. Most consumers want radio today to function as full navigation systems and mimic the features on most smart phones. So doing an Ipad mini with A sony radio is a great option.

Sony Uses app remote so we can control AM/FM tuner and the Sirius XM radio with the ipad as well as our EQ, and Volume control. It also allows us to keep the BT streaming function of a phone and Bluetooth Hands Free. Very important since in later episodes we going to ditch the Stock radio controls and install some AMG paddle shifters instead. Keep on watching and we will Keep on build the Jeep Punisher Edition that we Debut at the 2013 LA Auto Show.

Here is a Demo which is Ep 48 at night time while driving

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wKt0lgbD_M
Old 12-18-2014, 05:06 PM
Former Vendor

Default Jeep Off road Lights DB Link Topanga Canyon Run Driving Video

So I'm going skip ahead on Some Videos. We have Beat the hell out of the DB link Lighting Package Months ago. Its old news and were trying to get to some new stuff UP.

So Jumping ahead a few episodes we come the the Topanga Canyon Run and Some Night time Light Demos

First video is the LED Red Accent Lights or Zombie MODE with the Punisher Skull puddle lights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wgWMVt50Fo The Second Video is here is the DB Link Lighting Demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_yuHUbjT6o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_yuHUbjT6o
And Now the Topanga Canyon Run Video In The Jeep Punisher with a Little No Bragging Rights Playing. Pay attention about 2 minutes in there are some black Balloons in the road the regular head lights You cant see all you have to do is Just Watch and pay attention to how much the lights make a difference in a dark canyon and the nice part is We cycle different lights and combos.

http://youtu.be/EV2fJ4t8tS8
Old 12-18-2014, 05:12 PM
Former Vendor

Note that is the JL audio system blasting. there is no voice over and the music was not dub in. Real life Real time.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Are you guys gonna sell the dash kit for the ipad install?
Old 12-19-2014, 09:52 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jksteve2013
Are you guys gonna sell the dash kit for the ipad install?
Yes we are we already have sold 2 of them

email me for details saturndrcmedia@gmail.com
Old 12-27-2014, 09:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing like blinding traffic with your 50" light bar. Stay classy.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm amazed this thread is still going. I've not logged in to the forum in a few months, and back then I thought this thread was about to die. Someone wanna give me the TL;DR on it?
Old 12-27-2014, 02:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Took me almost 2 hours to go through this thread because I just became active again and found it. Finally just started flipping through without reading because it was filled with so much hate. I came back to this forum because it was filled with good members back when I was on and was considering doing a build thread and sharing. Now everyone escapes under the copout that because it's posted on the Internet it's ok to be rude. It really isn't. Nothing nice to say don't say it. Shame that this kind of rude behavior isn't moderated like it used to be. Props to op and owner for standing up to it and taking the high road.

Sam
Old 01-19-2015, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

would love to buy the dash kit. looked on the website cant find it. also sent you an email about buying one as well. Just a quick question, do you maintain your steering wheel controls with the sony radio. and will i also be able to keep my uconnect bluetooth? thanks.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by NotoriousJK
would love to buy the dash kit. looked on the website cant find it. also sent you an email about buying one as well. Just a quick question, do you maintain your steering wheel controls with the sony radio. and will i also be able to keep my uconnect bluetooth? thanks.
I don't believe you can keep the uconnect, from what it looks like they used a Sony radio in the center console that has bluetooth to power the audio system.

I replaced my radio about a year ago and lost the Uconncet so I assume the same would apply here. i did use a pac part to keep the steering wheel controls working and most radio do have bluetooth build in now.

Have they posted anymore video or updates of the build?

What happened to Del Rey Customs? Also did they finish the Steering Wheel Shifters that is what I am interested in