Notices
Whats In Our Shop In-house builds and projects

JK-Forum - Rock Hard 4x4 Open Tech / Install / Support Line

Old 02-23-2015, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluebear
Looking at buying a used tranny/oil skid, older generation without the CAT protection. I need the hardware kit which I did not see on your website. Is that offered? PM me please if so. Thanks
Above is a little background...turns out the seller is missing the bolt protectors and 1 bolt which I can't positively identify at this point since I haven't picked up/attempted to install the used plate yet.

Rockhard is sending me the entire install kit, with a return label and has graciously told me to use what I need and send the rest back...just like that!

That is customer service...thank you for rare exceptional service Rockhard!
Old 03-26-2015, 11:10 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tech question just in from Rob in Texas. "How many body mounts do your RH-6009 JK 4DR tube sliders mount to?"
Answer: Our tube sliders mount to all 3 plus your pinch seam for a 100% bolt on install.

Many of the import brand sliders only mount to 2 of the body mounts providing less than ideal weight distribution.
Learn more: Wrangler JK (2007-2015)

Old 05-04-2015, 10:22 AM
Former Vendor

One of the most common tech questions in daily is what our powder coat looks like - what it feels like - and how to care for it.

I like to describe it as a semi-smooth, satin finish. It feels like an egg shell which makes it scratch resistant but isn't so rough that its impossible to clean dirt and mud off. It isn't super glossy but does have shine to it so it's gorgeous after a wash. Rough (hammered) finishes have large pores that make it nearly impossible to clean, and mirror finishes scratch with even light contact. Our finish is sprayed in house so we know all the nooks are coated. Years ago we outsourced and had no control over quality. Nowadays we have a finish we are proud of!

While we can't offer a warranty on our powder coat - we can tell you it can take a beating. Why can't we offer a warranty? Salted roads back East are notoriously hard on all finishes, not just powder coat. To offer a lifetime powder coat warranty would mean constant product removal on the consumer side plus shipping back and forth. Touching up nicks, scratches, and bumps from trail use with rattle can just makes more sense and does not take your Jeep out of commission.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have some questions about your third row sport cage for the jku. Your web site says it works with the factory soft top although you may need to loosen the hardware to fold it down. Will this be required every time the top is put down or just once to adjust everything? What hardware needs to be loosened? I was also thinking that it may offer a good spot to weld in some threaded bungs to let a set of stock seat belts be bolted in if using something like the teraflex third row brackets and stock 2 door seat. Do you see any problem with this other than probably voiding the warranty? Last you will ship to Canada won't you? Looks like you guys have come up with a great solution as i have 4 kids and thought the third row seat was a great idea but would not consider it because it put the passengers out side the factory cage, and here in Canada rear facing seats are not alowed.
thanks.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:01 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Derek1976
I have some questions about your third row sport cage for the jku. Your web site says it works with the factory soft top although you may need to loosen the hardware to fold it down. Will this be required every time the top is put down or just once to adjust everything? What hardware needs to be loosened? I was also thinking that it may offer a good spot to weld in some threaded bungs to let a set of stock seat belts be bolted in if using something like the teraflex third row brackets and stock 2 door seat. Do you see any problem with this other than probably voiding the warranty? Last you will ship to Canada won't you? Looks like you guys have come up with a great solution as i have 4 kids and thought the third row seat was a great idea but would not consider it because it put the passengers out side the factory cage, and here in Canada rear facing seats are not alowed.
thanks.
Great questions.

You'd have to adjust your 4 soft top bracket bolts (2 per side) each time. The soft top by nature isn't rigid so it does not take much work to get it to fold up and down. They are Torx bolts so just a socket and wrench is needed. The exact size escapes me at the moment.

We can't speak to your Jeep warranty - those are handled at Jeep's discretion.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the middle of test fitting my cage for my 2014. I've watched your video about 50 times but I can't get the side dash pieces to fit into place. I cut a bit out of the casting and it doesn't hit there. I can't clear the oem roll bar and spin into place. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-17-2015, 07:04 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jasenri13
I'm in the middle of test fitting my cage for my 2014. I've watched your video about 50 times but I can't get the side dash pieces to fit into place. I cut a bit out of the casting and it doesn't hit there. I can't clear the oem roll bar and spin into place. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Can you email in some photos? sales@rockhard4x4.com. If it's a contact with the overhead factory bars, make sure you are twisting our cage upright when you slip it into your dash.

Key video parts:
1:30 - dash trim - this is where most people don't trim enough.
2:02 - rotate into place. You can't just slip them in, and by rotating in, you'll get enough clearance
2:30 - you mentioned casting trim - so good to go there.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the response! My Jeep had a huge amount of seam sealer on the inside of the tub where the side mounts go that needed to be pulled out. Once I figured that out plus a bit less finesse, more muscle,it was smooth sailing. Great cage! I'll post pics soon.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:11 AM
Former Vendor

Hardware Update regarding RH-6008/6009 Rock Hard 4x4 Tube Sliders

Approximately 4% of orders come back saying longer body mount hardware would have aided install. We think what's really happening is people are encountering the factory plastic washer inside the body mount and are unable to push through it. To give you an idea, we just installed a set on our new '15 last night and had no issue.

We do take customer/field feedback seriously though and because everything is made in house, running changes are easy to bring into production.

In response to this feedback, we are now including 6 replacement bolts for 4 door models and 4 bolts for 2 door models. This is all orders placed this week going forward. We have updated our YouTube video and written instructions with this hardware kit update.

2-DR: Rock Hard 4x4 Patriot Series Tube Slider Rocker Guards for Jeep Wrangler JK 2DR 2007 - 2015 [RH-6008]
4-DR: Rock Hard 4x4 Patriot Series Tube Slider Rocker Guards for Jeep Wrangler JK 4DR 2007 - 2015 [RH-6009]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQEF74FiYWY
Old 06-04-2015, 11:41 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great to see threads like this one where you can get information directly from the source...no guessing or gathering information from hearsay.

Quick Reply: JK-Forum - Rock Hard 4x4 Open Tech / Install / Support Line