Notices
Whats In Our Shop In-house builds and projects

Silver Fox - 2013 10th Anniversary REBELCON

Old 08-01-2013, 07:37 AM
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Silver Fox - 2013 10th Anniversary REBELCON

Builds come to Rebel from all walks of life – from restorations of vintage CJ’s to newer model JK’s with freshly minted VIN tags. Silver Fox was such a fresh 2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon that it only had temporary registration and paper plates!

From the start we knew this build would be fun – not only because this Jeep Wrangler was a very clean canvas, but also because we liked how well function and form were going to come together. By combining several different brands into this Rubicon we were able to create a Jeep that not only looked fantastic on road but perform off road as well.

We started with suspension – matching our RECON coilover system with King Off-Road Racing Shocks 12” 2.0 coilovers front and rear with a TeraFlex Suspensions long arm system designed specifically for our Jeep long travel suspension projects. Currie Enterprises AntiRocks front and rear provide side to side stability yet provide infinite more travel than OEM sway bars.

For front end durability we installed inner axle sleeves, knuckle C gussets, and lower control arm skids, and RCV Performance Products lifetime warrantied axles. RCV’s also went into the rear end. When off road, Motive 4.88 gears will provide the perfect crawl ratio for the new 3.6L’s engine, transmission, and the Rubicon 4:1 transfer case.

Steering was upgraded with the new PSC Motorsports 3.6L hydraulic assist system – their new pump works fantastic and is long overdue. We mated the ram to a Synergy Manufacturing chromoly tie rod – a must have since the tie rod is the first component to make contact rocks, tree stumps, and hybrid cars.

To clear the new Teraflex control arm mounts, an aFe POWER exhaust loop delete was installed and a Magnaflow muffler was installed to replace the incredibly vulnerable OEM exhaust muffler.

GenRight Off Road armor replaced the 10th Anniversary front bumper, fenders, and rock sliders. Up close you cannot tell, but the GenRight fenders are actually aluminum, saving weight yet still keeping the engine bay and fenders off the rocks. A WARN Zeon 10-s sits in the front bumper with a Factor 55 ProLink.

The drivetrain and undercarriage are fully protected by the unrivaled Rock Hard 4x4 skid plate system. Each peace interlocks together for ultimate protection and durability, making those skids a Rebel favorite. Unique features like bolt head protectors and black powdercoat standard help set them apart from similar systems.

Hutchinson Rock Monster beadlock wheels were wrapped in 37x12.50x17 BFGoodrich KM2’s for killer looks and killer traction. An AEV ProCal updated this Wrangler’s computer to reset speedometer and shift points.

To eliminate hood flutter we installed Rugged Ridge’s new hood latch system, an absolute Rebel favorite. Fantastic looks, easy of use unmatched by other systems, and adjustability make these a no brainer. Under the hood sits a M.O.R.E. dual battery tray with Optima yellow and red top batteries and a RIPP Supercharger cold air intake system.

Rock Hard 4x4 again for the sports cage upgrade – we opted for a color match to continue the Jeep’s paint code into the interior. Rebel front and rear grab handles make entry, exit, and “uh oh” moments safer.

Last edited by REBEL OFF ROAD; 08-01-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice build with great final product. The under carriage is so unscathed its almost scary.

Good job guys!
Old 02-22-2014, 01:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I love it! Awesome Jeep! I've been looking at the Rock Monsters for my Jeep... showed this and a few others to the wife and she picked the Monsters

I may have left out the cost... I'm sure when she finds out how much I'm going to spend on them I'll get the look lol
Old 07-22-2015, 01:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you guys paint the cage or powder coat?
Old 07-28-2015, 07:39 AM
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BrowniesJK
Did you guys paint the cage or powder coat?
This cage was powdercoated.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by REBEL OFF ROAD
This cage was powdercoated.
Thanks for the response. I want to powder coat but seem to be having trouble finding someone who can powder coat Anvil....
As usual this rig came out great
Old 10-30-2015, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

....and now my Jeep looks like a litte wimp. That's wicked.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:11 AM
JK Newbie

Awesome!

Quick Reply: Silver Fox - 2013 10th Anniversary REBELCON