Notices
Whats In Our Shop In-house builds and projects

"Super Rebel" - 2013 Ford F350 Tow Vehicle

Old 12-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default "Super Rebel" - 2013 Ford F350 Tow Vehicle

Long story short, this isn’t our first Super Duty. If you remember, we started with an F250 that died on it’s way to Jeep Beach 2013. RIP old friend.

Upgrade time! Our new tow rig is a 2013 F350 Lariat, named “Super Rebel”, with all the bells and whistles. Even has air conditioned seats. Love it!

We couldn’t leave it stock – not even for a week. We reached out to all our favorite partners to put it together and we love how it came out. Our F250 looked fantastic on 40’s and it’s lift, but functionality was lost. Now with our 53’ enclosed trailer, the BFT, we also needed bed access for the goose neck hitch so we had to keep our F350 closer to stock height.

Body armor? Yep. (of course). Fusion Bumpers came through with some gorgeous steel built to survive anything trying to stop our truck. Precut for Rigid Industries lights? You bet!

Speaking of lights – Rigid Industries - LED Lighting everywhere including fog lights and running lights.

We modified one of our HALO roof racks for Super Rebel and added RotopaX mounts for diesel fuel and parts storage. Rigid lights sit up top for forward and reverse lighting. Bed storage/cover via Truck Covers USA. Our FAVORITE brand.

Wheels and tire treatment were an early requirement. 37” Toyo Tires Open Country Mud Terrains are wrapped around stunning AMERICAN FORCE WHEELS Dually wheels – black with, yes, “tactical” lug nut covers.

Watch out road blocks, we are coming through!

Old 12-28-2013, 04:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Needs a couple more Rigid bars haha
Old 12-28-2013, 05:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That is big and bad a$$!
Old 01-26-2014, 12:15 AM
JK Newbie

Default Must be nice!

taking a 56K$ truck, adding tires, suspension, armor, and more making it a 120k$ rig in total value. Granted most people try to sell their rigs for what they put in em...now the real question is...why are you posting on a JK Forum with a heavy ass dually that couldn't squeeze down a narrow path? It LOOKS cool, but if I get stuck can you crawl your big ass up in between narrow trees and rocks to fetch me....9 out of 10 times... nope, You'd better get a bigger lift and pull off two of those rear tires...unless you think you're gonna pull a Jeep out of the mud from the solid ground.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rambler_baby82
taking a 56K$ truck, adding tires, suspension, armor, and more making it a 120k$ rig in total value. Granted most people try to sell their rigs for what they put in em...now the real question is...why are you posting on a JK Forum with a heavy ass dually that couldn't squeeze down a narrow path? It LOOKS cool, but if I get stuck can you crawl your big ass up in between narrow trees and rocks to fetch me....9 out of 10 times... nope, You'd better get a bigger lift and pull off two of those rear tires...unless you think you're gonna pull a Jeep out of the mud from the solid ground.
I think you missed the mark on this one. It's a tow rig not a wheeler. Rebel makes some incredible JKs that wheel just as good as they look. I think they just wanted to share the other vehicles we don't get to see that often. Yeah it's super over the top lol but when it's a big show off tow rig, who cares hahaha
Old 01-26-2014, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rambler_baby82
The Rebel folks are low and proud and so must their tow rig be. Can you imagine showing up to event with a vanilla white truck? No way. This rig and trailer they tow with it announces, "WE ARE HERE! DEAL WITH IT!!!!!"

Its not a recovery rig. They have other Jeeps and buggies for that.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

Super Nice!!!
Old 01-26-2014, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

Default So I might have missed it...

Ok, so I might have been a wee bit drunk last night lol. Sober I can still say that I'd walk past it at a show and just shake my head at how stupid it looks to put all that crap on a dually. Instead give red09 the light bar and the paint job, and give NJ-JK the Ford Emblem since he's gulping down some F350 diesel. In my opinion, (this is why these blogs are here in the first place so opinions can be seen) a tow rig shouldn't have muddin tires and a roof rack with red GAS cans...did you notice that (must be a Gasser F350) Not even 1/4% impressed if it was meant to be a show rig b/c it's no tow rig. It's like a Jeep guy posting his Jeep on a F350 forum...doens't make sense, but then again common sense isn't common.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Why? Because they can. And it's awesome.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That's bad ass. I'm not a truck guy but they built it for what they needed.
And I think a couple swat teams would be jealous.

sent from the slow lane.

Quick Reply: "Super Rebel" - 2013 Ford F350 Tow Vehicle