Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Once again another MiGig mic question

Old 03-05-2009, 11:09 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Once again another MiGig mic question

I headed over to a local dealer today to place my order for the microphone so that I can get uconnect to work. I should mention that I have a 09 JK w/the RER MyGig radio. From what I read in many posts is that all I have to do is plug the mic into the back of the radio and turn the uconnect feature on using the engineering menu. The parts guy at the dealer is telling me that he dosn't think that the mic simply plugs right in and that I'll also need a wire harness...any truth to this?

I order part# 68002646AA (MICROPHONE, Audio)
He says I may need part# 68002648AA (HARNESS)

???Now I'm cunfused
Old 03-05-2009, 11:11 AM
JK Freak

all you need is 82211743
it includes the wire harness

I did it a few weeks ago

then yes, there is a way to enable it using the menu, so no other hardware is required

(i did it with Mygig with nav...)

Not sure if the part number is different in CA though... thats possible... I can't seem to find the part number you listed... but I called my dealership, said I need 82211743, they said "give me $41.00" and I did, and now it works perfectly.

Though, in reading the manual, I just saw that it says it needs software version 9.713... I didn't try with an earlier version, since I upgraded my software version a while back... so you may want to ensure that too.

Feel free to email me with other questions, its a fairly simple procedure...

I installed 82211853 at the same time (ipod for RER)

Last edited by eaglemikeo; 03-05-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:14 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

So with that part# you mentioned, you get the mic and the wiring harness?
Old 03-05-2009, 11:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MFX
So with that part# you mentioned, you get the mic and the wiring harness?
Yup.

(adding text because "Yup." is too short)
Old 03-05-2009, 11:19 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

great now I got to rush back to the dealer and cancel the order!

Millions of thanx buddy.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:27 AM
JK Freak

more info on 82211743
hxxp://www.leeparts.com/jeep_wrangler/accessories/audio/uconnect_microphone_kit.html

that site says "Dealer Scan is required for activation"

No it isn't. Its easy to do on your own, no dealer install or StarScan required

I've not used this site, I don't endorse it, I found it via google search of the 82211743, but it has the part for sale and is the same one I got.

replace hxxp with http
Old 03-05-2009, 11:52 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

I called the parts guy up and he basically refused to believe of such a kit. It was like pulling teeth just to get him to punch in that part # you gave me to see for himself. He's trying to tell me I have to buy the entire hands free kit which consists of the module/w/harness/mic. I explained to him that there is no need for a module on the RER Nav/Mygig radio because it is integrated...he's still not a believer. It's frustrating when your trying to make a point to someone who's obviously supposed to know more than you and they refuse to listen. All said and done, he looks like the fool!

Thanks again for all the help. See you around

Trending Topics

Old 03-05-2009, 12:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MFX
I called the parts guy up and he basically refused to believe of such a kit. It was like pulling teeth just to get him to punch in that part # you gave me to see for himself. He's trying to tell me I have to buy the entire hands free kit which consists of the module/w/harness/mic. I explained to him that there is no need for a module on the RER Nav/Mygig radio because it is integrated...he's still not a believer. It's frustrating when your trying to make a point to someone who's obviously supposed to know more than you and they refuse to listen. All said and done, he looks like the fool!

Thanks again for all the help. See you around
Well, if you haven't paid for it yet, tell him to just cancel the order, and take your business elsewhere.

There are sites online that sell that part, and there are other dealerships. He can't possibly know all the parts for all the vehicles that Jeep sells, let alone Chrysler, Dodge, etc.

If he's not willing to do this, like I said, cancel the order, get your money back (if you already paid), and go elsewhere.

The kit is $41 USD... not sure about CAD, I'll let you figure the exchange rate.
However, when I did find your parts listed, one of them was $126 USD... so I think he's trying to sell you something that won't work... at least for the RER Radio. The part he's selling you is for other radios... but the RER already has Bluetooth in it. You can enable that without the mic... you just can't talk using it... only listen.

Anyways, I've said enough here.... Good luck, and feel free to email me with any other questions... can't always guarantee I'll check threads, and PM box is full...
Old 03-05-2009, 08:09 PM
JK Newbie

My dealer didn't argue but seemed a little confused and said "what is this part for" and "what model Jeep are you putting it on".

I explained that I wanted part number 82211743, that it is an add on mic for the RER MyGig radio and that I had already turned uConnect on and paired my iPhone. He still seemed skeptical but ordered it. When I picked it up I opened the box and explained it to him. He was very nice and was glad to know how it worked.

If your dealer doesn't believe you PM me for my phone number. He can give me a call and I will take a picture and email it to him while you stand there watching his computer screen. The deal is if we are right you get a free mic and he has to admit he just might not know everything.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:14 AM
JK Freak

I was at my dealership today ordering some stuff for my softop (I seem to have lost my velcro straps). I asked the parts guy about the uConnect microphone. He searched his database and all he came up with was a kit that was about $159. He actually told me to look on JK-Forum and said, "I know you will find a part number there" I actually applaud him for admitting that he didn't know. I guess I wasn't the first one to ask him

Quick Reply: Once again another MiGig mic question