Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dash / interior clips - where to get spares?

Old 01-27-2011, 11:08 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hook-Em
I just picked up 3 of the 4 6505660AA clips from my local stealership. Those are definitely the right parts The above part number has a different plating, but the geometry is the same. See the attached side-by-side comparison pictures. Except for the plating, that's pretty much the same part.

Attachment 121924Attachment 121925

So, JK'ers whenever your upper dash bezel clips break or fall off into the abyss behind your center dash, remember this information. FWIW, rather than removing the clips from your OEM bezel and relocating them to the Daystar (or whatever else comes into existence). Just go to your nearest stealership and order this part number for a bank breaking $0.45 each.

Peace-out!
thanks hook em!!! cant tell u how many times those silly lil clips came off and fell somewhere!
Old 03-09-2011, 06:38 PM
JK Freak

Thumbs up Oh Yeah!!!!!

I just picked up 3 of the 4 6505660AA clips from my local stealership. Those are definitely the right parts The above part number has a different plating, but the geometry is the same. See the attached side-by-side comparison pictures. Except for the plating, that's pretty much the same part.

So, JK'ers whenever your upper dash bezel clips break or fall off into the abyss behind your center dash, remember this information. FWIW, rather than removing the clips from your OEM bezel and relocating them to the Daystar (or whatever else comes into existence). Just go to your nearest stealership and order this part number for a bank breaking $0.45 each.

Peace-out!
You are the man!!!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 05:25 AM
JK Junkie

I'm glad this is helping so many JKers. All the effort pays off 10x if it prevents another Jeeper from having to deal with it.

BTW, I've already lost two of mine since my last post. I'm gonna order 10 more soon as I'll be swapping out my plain bezel. For my CB mounted bezel more often for "wheeling season".
Old 03-10-2011, 07:46 AM
JK Freak

My 5 clips will be at the stealership tomorrow!
Old 04-03-2011, 04:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered 10 of part # 6505660AA from MakeitMoparParts.com for 0.39 cents each. of course the shipping was like $8.99, but whatever, it was a bit over 12 bucks, so hopefully they will show up soon, and the radio surround will actually be flush with my radio again...LOL.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

Default Clips for dash panel above JK radio.

ClipsAndFasteners.com Item name: A19794
Item description: Chrysler Cowl, Pillar & Door Panel Fastener 7/16" X 19/32"

Item number: 48591

Box of 25 13.45 shipped to your door. They work great. Rock ON DJ
Old 07-09-2011, 01:06 PM
JK Newbie

It looks like the product from clipsandfasteners will work, but it is not just like the one in my 2011 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Mine is white plastic. Has anyone found a supplier or a part number for the plastic ones that come in the 2011 Wrangler? I just put my CHR550 in and a few clips came out. I also found that the numbnuts at Chrysler bent one fastener double rather than put it in right. Kind of matches the bent pin in the taillight connector that I had to find and fix.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

I got the product from clipsandfasteners and:

IT IS NOT THE CORRECT PRODUCT FOR THE 2011 WRANGLER OR UNLIMITED

It will not replace the white plastic clips that hold the dash pieces. If anyone knows the correct part number and source for those clips, please post.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:35 AM
JK Newbie

Amazing, thank you so much!!
This ends 2 years of rattles from my top panel, and has given me a place to mount my GPS now I can be sure the panel can take the weight. My dealer here in the UK wouldn't accept that these clips existed, even when I walked in with the panle in my hand!

I love what this forum can achieve

Giles

Peace-out!
Old 07-14-2011, 06:47 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by lingenfr
I got the product from clipsandfasteners and:

IT IS NOT THE CORRECT PRODUCT FOR THE 2011 WRANGLER OR UNLIMITED

It will not replace the white plastic clips that hold the dash pieces. If anyone knows the correct part number and source for those clips, please post.

Shoot us some shots so we can bird-dog a solution for you. Include the area of concern on the dash too.

Quick Reply: Dash / interior clips - where to get spares?