Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sway Bar link suggestions

Old 05-08-2007, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway Bar link suggestions

I need aftermarket front sway bar links for my 07 JK w/ a 2.5" BB lift. I just want a link that's 2.5" or 3" over stock & doesn't need to be a disconnect model.

Any suggestions as to which supplier to buy from (or stay away from)?
Old 05-08-2007, 09:03 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Well, if you don't need them to disconnect, you can just get a set of new longer rear links from TeraFlex and then move up your factory rear ones up front
Old 05-08-2007, 11:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm assuming that would be the better way to do it being that the rear has no sway bar disconnects & the front does?

Would I be gaining anything by putting disconnecting sway bar links up front too if I already have the factory disconnecting system on the Rubi?
Old 05-09-2007, 05:27 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Sixgunz
I'm assuming that would be the better way to do it being that the rear has no sway bar disconnects & the front does?

Would I be gaining anything by putting disconnecting sway bar links up front too if I already have the factory disconnecting system on the Rubi?
In a word, nope.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:33 AM
JK Newbie

The power disconnecting system does not allow as much articulation as manual disconnects do, but it is plenty for moderate 4-wheeling. I, for one, am too lazy to get out and disconnect the links manually unless absolutely necessary. Push-button is SWEEEEET!
Old 05-09-2007, 05:47 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Jeep School
The power disconnecting system does not allow as much articulation as manual disconnects do, but it is plenty for moderate 4-wheeling. I, for one, am too lazy to get out and disconnect the links manually unless absolutely necessary. Push-button is SWEEEEET!
I don't know about you, but how much more articulation do you need? This is my JK with the Rubi swaybar disconnected...

Believe me, I have looked and the limiting factor here is shock lenght. Also, any more droop and my drive shaft would make contact with the exhaust (I have a 6-speed/If you have an auto, your drive shaft would hit the skid way before you max out your droop).
Old 05-09-2007, 06:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
I don't know about you, but how much more articulation do you need? This is my JK with the Rubi swaybar disconnected...

Believe me, I have looked and the limiting factor here is shock lenght. Also, any more droop and my drive shaft would make contact with the exhaust (I have a 6-speed/If you have an auto, your drive shaft would hit the skid way before you max out your droop).
Thx "WOL" for the "Awesome FLEX" Wallpaper collection, ....anymore flex than that your JK will automatically disassemble itself.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

WOL...what sway bar links are you using on front & rear?
Old 05-09-2007, 10:35 AM
JK-Forum Founder

WOL...what sway bar links are you using on front & rear?
I've got new Full Traction rear links and am running the factory rears up front.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

07 2Dr Rube. I have a 3" TF lift. I bent a sway bar link extension. I'm thinking of using JKS PN2030 to replace the TF's. They are beefy & can be manually removed if necessary. Any comments? Thanks, Frank

Last edited by awfrode; 07-30-2007 at 06:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Sway Bar link suggestions