Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Rausch Creek wheeling-January 5th and 6th

Old 12-30-2007, 04:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll take care of touching base with the park, no worries, the group name will be "JK forums" and I'll be the point of contact "Tyler Treat".

Any questions my cell is 301-674-5264!

As for meeting, I suggested Satruday we meet at the staging area at 9am?

Is that good for everyone?

Saturday Night I'll be staying at the Comfort Inn Pine grove:
http://www.comfortinn.com/ires/en-US...schain=CI&exp=
They have discounted rates for Rausch Creek, I stongly suggest reservations, they are remodeling and have less then full cpapcity.

Satruday Dinner:
All those available, I suggest we head over to the Red Lion Restaurant, if enough express interest we can call and make a Reservation.
Red Lion Cafe and Restaurant,
RD 3, Box 179, Pine Grove, PA 17963
(570)345-8074
Located conveniently on Route 443 East of Pine Grove and minutes from Exit 31 off Interstate 81.

Sunday meet at the staging area at 8:30am?

I'll be leaving from Silver Spring (my house) early, and should be up there in plenty of time. I tend not to caravan (I have a heavy foot and feel guilty leading on the highway!) However, anyone heading that same way, if you get passed by a lifted Jk, you are heading the right way!

http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/ Rausch's website, all the info you need, regarding directions, vehicle requirements and such.
The basic requirements:
full-size spare (it does not need to match your other vehicles, but suggested)
recovery point (tow-hook) front and rear
No alcohol on the trail
Full tank of gas prior to showing up at the park (I always top off when I exit I-81)

My suggestions:
Fill out and print a waiver ahead of time, makes it quicker to regsiter.
I need to renew my membership, so I'll be a couple of minutes registering.
Bring snacks and sandwich materials and WATER!, it's not always easy to exit the park for lunch, and they don't have a food vendor on site.

As for recovery gear:
There will be plenty of gear available, no need to head out and buy anything (unless you need an excuse to do so then by all means!)
Just for example: I have a tow strap (non metal hooked models! and no chains!), shackles, tree-strap, Winch, snatch Block. I know for a fact there will be plenty of Hi-lift jacks available, because there always are.

Communications:!
Cb's are very useful while on trail rides, both for idle shit-chat, but in case of problems, however, we have ways of managing with those that don't have them. Also, if you have FRS radios (walkie talkies) they can work as well (FYI cheap investment and always helpful!)

Cameras:
Remember, we will be offroad, and out in mud, leaves, dirt and water! Pictures are always appreciated, but take that into consideration, I've seen enough cameras swimming in waterholes.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:16 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by usgaone
As for meeting, I suggested Satruday we meet at the staging area at 9am?

Is that good for everyone?
9AM sounds good Tyler. We'll see you then. Looking forward to it.

HG
Old 12-31-2007, 04:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Default weather

Weather forecast for 1/5/08 and 1/6/08
Saturday
Partly sunny. Highs around 40.
Saturday Night
Cloudy with a chance of rain showers...mixing with snow showers after midnight. Lows in the mid 20s. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.
Sunday
Mostly cloudy. Highs in the lower 40s.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone excited? because i am STOKED!! This trip will be the first time without being stock... looking to do blues maybe push it a lil harder! Anyone coming through Westminster to get there???
Old 01-01-2008, 04:50 PM
JK Newbie

Scratch my lady and I off the list for this one. We're not going to make it up for either day.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I took off Fri, Sat, and Sun. But the jeep is in the shop. If its repaired by Friday I will be a definite. Broke something... don't know what... waiting to here back from my mechanic.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:35 PM
JK Super Freak

so i am pretty 100% for this weekend...just need to fix my swaybars and possibly rear bumpstops haha, gotta love installing stuff on your own

Anyone think it would be bad to do the drive with no swaybars for 5 hours??

also, like last time should we do a list of confirmed? im in 95% for sat, and down for half the day sunday at least (til 1 or 2)

im in for greens and blues!

I think i will be staying at hotel, i decided i would like a hot shower and hbo hahaha. think they will have vacancies?
Old 01-01-2008, 06:30 PM
JK Super Freak

As for Vacancies, just call, there are a couple of Hotels listed on the site.

As for myself, and Renee, we are 100% for Saturday any trails, and 100% for Sunday till 1pm or so.

See all that make it!
Old 01-01-2008, 06:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by stumpman79
I took off Fri, Sat, and Sun. But the jeep is in the shop. If its repaired by Friday I will be a definite. Broke something... don't know what... waiting to here back from my mechanic.
What went wrong? need any advice, let me know, shoot me an email tytreat@hotmail.com
Old 01-03-2008, 04:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Falling one by one!

Ok, so who is left standing?

I'm going regardless, I know I have at least another vehicle for Saturday and Sunday, so that means we are able to ride regardless!

Lets have a final count, weather looks good.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...=tremont%2C+pa

Quick Reply: Rausch Creek wheeling-January 5th and 6th