Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

NEW - IPF 920H4 JK Headlights!!

Old 11-24-2009, 09:39 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up NEW - IPF 920H4 JK Headlights!!

As everyone here knows, the factory JK headlights are a joke. Sure they are shinney as hell to oncoming traffic but they don't do squat to actually illuminate the road in front of you. Needless to say, a good set of replacement lights is something we've all been wanting AND, I'm happy to say that IPF has got em!!

Right after SEMA, ARB was kind enough to send me the only pair of IPF 920H4 replacment JK headlights they had for testing and here are a few shots of what you can expect to see with them.

This first photo is a side-by-side comparison shot of the IPF 920H4 (passenger side) and a factory headlight (driver side). Please note that the photo was purposefully taken dark so that you can see the color difference between the two. As you will see, the IPF is much whiter....

This is a shot of the driver side factory headlight on low beam from about 10-12 ft. from my garage door just to give you a general beam intensity and spread of it...

Now this is a shot of the passenger side headlight on low beam with the new IPF 920H4...

This is a shot of the driver side factory headlight on highbeam beam...

Now, a shot of the passenger side IPF headlight on high beam...

As you can see, the IPF 920H4's have a much whiter light and the lenses give them a wider spread. And, in my opinion, the quality of illumination is in fact superior to the factory headlights. I will try to have a complete installation write up done of these headlights soon and, from what I am told, they are trying to get these available for sale before Christmas. As far as where you can buy them goes, talk to David at Northridge4x4.com as he's the one who's got the exclusive on these.

Last edited by wayoflife; 12-01-2009 at 06:03 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:43 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice. A considerable difference.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:53 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking good so far... excited to get myself a set....
Old 11-24-2009, 10:01 AM
JK Junkie

these look sick! they're just plug and play right?
Old 11-24-2009, 10:03 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by absoluttorque
That looks great, big improvement, I hope they're available before Christmas before I have to drive 800 miles in the dark. I will pick these up for sure. Thanks for posting a comparison.
honestly, they are a BIG improvement and, i would talk to northridge4x4 about availability as i know they are the ones who pushed these along.

Originally Posted by fadeout
these look sick! they're just plug and play right?
yep, plug-n-play and installs in minutes.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:15 AM
JK Super Freak

And this is now added to my list. These lights are very nice, very nice. Maybe I missed this, but are they a glass or plastic housing? Damn, these throw a lot of light. They look awesome.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:16 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huge improvement Talked with Stan at Northridge.ca....he will let me know when they are available.

WOL...what is the step by step process of installing these awesome lights???
Old 11-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
ARB Representative

Eddie,

They're H4's, not H9's but thanks for trying them out for us and spreading the word! We're trying like hell to get them here for Christmas.

Happy Holidays!
Old 11-24-2009, 10:17 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by joneszj
And this is now added to my list. These lights are very nice, very nice. Maybe I missed this, but are they a glass or plastic housing? Damn, these throw a lot of light. They look awesome.
the lens is glass and the reflector housing is metal (unlike the factory ones which are plastic).
Old 11-24-2009, 10:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
the lens is glass and the reflector housing is metal (unlike the factory ones which are plastic).
Awesome. Very nice indeed...that's exactly what I was hoping for.

Quick Reply: NEW - IPF 920H4 JK Headlights!!