Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locker Switch Diagram...

Old 06-06-2007, 03:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WoW, thanks Don A Vee, talk about a step by step, hold your hand of what to do im horrible with wiring and from this i could prolly do it.....Only question, how do you tap into the relay, is there something you can buy to do it right, or do you have to splice...isnt it just a fuse in there, how do you tap into a fuse

Also, how would the switch work? if you flip it on, do you still have to hit the locker switch on the jeep?
Old 06-06-2007, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bofer84
WoW, thanks Don A Vee, talk about a step by step, hold your hand of what to do im horrible with wiring and from this i could prolly do it.....Only question, how do you tap into the relay, is there something you can buy to do it right, or do you have to splice...isnt it just a fuse in there, how do you tap into a fuse

Also, how would the switch work? if you flip it on, do you still have to hit the locker switch on the jeep?
The factory locker switch would be bypassed if you do the mod this way.

You would 'tap" into the relay by connecting a ground wire and switch to the colored wire coming out of the relay as specified in the last 2 pics of my last post. You could always use one of those cheap crimp on connectors...

Last edited by JPRS51; 06-06-2007 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:04 PM
JK Freak

Understandable, but is this a splice, ie, taping into a wire, or From the pictures it appears that there is a relay box, does the relay box have to be taped into in some way, or just the wire coming out from it... that is what i dont know how to do
Old 06-06-2007, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just used those cheap blue tie in wire taps and hooked into the wire about 1/2" below where it came out of the relay on mine. I had to pull the battery to get to it but other than that it was fairly simple getting to the relays. It took longer running the wires into the cab.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:34 PM
JK Freak

so have you done this mod, does it work properly. If so, looks like im ordering cooltechs switches and wireing the lockers to them
Old 06-06-2007, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bofer84
so have you done this mod, does it work properly. If so, looks like im ordering cooltechs switches and wireing the lockers to them
Yes I have been running it for about a month. The only thing about it is the locker lights will just flash the whole time instead of stay on steady.

Medsker
Old 06-06-2007, 06:26 PM
JK Super Freak

If you leave your switch off, meaning not connected to ground. Does the factory switch work as originally intended (ie 4 low only). In this scenario, when using the original locker buttons, do the lights go on solid, or flash? Thanks!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:35 PM
JK Newbie

bofer84 you da MAN. I dont think you coulda made my day any better, lol. you took all the guess work out of it for me I'll be doin this mod first thing in the morning, Thank You For the Help, diagrams, and everything
Old 06-06-2007, 11:28 PM
JK Freak

I think Don A Vee did all the work, send my credits to him
Old 06-07-2007, 12:01 AM
JK Freak

i don't have my manual in front of me, and i can't remember if there are speed limitations on this? i know the sway bar is 18mph....

if there is a speed thing controlled by the canbus to the unlock the diffs, will this negate that as well?

and, Don-A-Vee - you have got to be the greatest dealer ever. answer me one more thing...where the locker / sway bar / blah blah blah panel is, does DC make a blank for that? or do the basic models just have buttons for the hazards / ESP, like the old TJ's without the rear defrost / fog lights / whatever else went there?

Quick Reply: Locker Switch Diagram...