Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Project-JK Trail Run Schedule Fall/Winter 2007-08

Old 09-11-2007, 10:42 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Arrow Project-JK Trail Run Schedule Fall/Winter 2007-08

Due to popular demand, wayoflifette and I have put together a tenative list of trail runs that we are planning to do and events we are planning to attend between now and the end of March 2008. Now, I should tell you that this list is a work in progress and although most of the runs listed are over-nighters, I will definitely be adding in a myriad of day trips into the mix and will post them up as soon as I can. I should also point out that these runs are subject to change due to weather and/or other unforseen circumstances but I will do my best to stick to the schedule you see below:

2008 Trips & Events
01/19: TBA
01/26: TBA
02/16-02/18: Old Mojave Road - Mojave Desert, CA (Note: Due to preserve regulations, there will be a 15 Jeep limit on this run)
03/01: Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari - Ocotillo Wells, CA
03/15-03/22: Moab Easter Jeep Safari - Moab, UT

Some of the other runs we plan to add include a trip out to Inscription Canyon, Last Chance Canyon, Odessa/Doran/Mule Canyon and many more.

If you think you might be interested in joining us on any of these trips, please let us know by posting which ones they are on this thread. That way we can get a better idea of who all might be coming. Also, if you have any questions, please post them here as well so that everyone can benefit fron the Q&A.

I Hope you all will be able to join us on the trail as I know you're gonna have a great time!

Last edited by wayoflife; 01-08-2008 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Updated List
Old 09-11-2007, 11:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice selection!! I can see my business is going to suffer in the months ahead.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:53 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! Very organized....

Of course, I never know what my work schedule is like until 30 seconds before, so I guess I'll just up and come whenever I can!
Old 09-12-2007, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

11/10-11/12: Goler Wash/Megal Pass (Barker Ranch - Charles Manson House) - Panamint Mountains, CA
That is the same weekend as Panamint Valley Days. Are you planning on going there for the festivities??? That is a Cal4WD event.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:21 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by jkjeep
Very nice selection!! I can see my business is going to suffer in the months ahead.
Well, as much as I would hate to see your business suffer, we always enjoy having you along on our trips and hope you can make it to as many of them as possible

Originally Posted by JeepCacher
Looks like we might be able to make 09/29: Freeway Ridge and 10/13: Coyote Canyon. After that...I'm working weekends for probably 6 months (Really can't complain to much. I havent had to work weekends for about 5 years. Bout time it caught up to me).

Gonna have to link up with the CMF guys for a midweek run or two (or three or four).
Awe man, what a bummer. :sad: What about the holiday weekends or over Christmas break, do you not have any time off then?

Originally Posted by doojer
Wow! Very organized....

Of course, I never know what my work schedule is like until 30 seconds before, so I guess I'll just up and come whenever I can!
LOL!! Yeah right!! You know you will be making it to most of these

Originally Posted by IGOFSHN
That is the same weekend as Panamint Valley Days. Are you planning on going there for the festivities??? That is a Cal4WD event.
Right - I forgot all about the Panamint Valley Days.... well, we weren't planning on joining the festivities but if we do still decide to go, I guess we will. Or, we may just end up rescheduling to another date. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by wayoflife; 09-12-2007 at 07:26 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:56 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by wayoflife
LOL!! Yeah right!! You know you will be making it to most of these
Well, that's definitely the goal! Unfortunately, the 29th is out for us. But, as of now, 10/13 is looking good! We'll know about the other dates as they get closer.

Sounds like some fun adventures!
Old 09-12-2007, 01:23 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by doojer
Well, that's definitely the goal! Unfortunately, the 29th is out for us. But, as of now, 10/13 is looking good! We'll know about the other dates as they get closer.

Sounds like some fun adventures!
Would you be able to go on the 22nd? We are flexible you know
Old 09-12-2007, 01:27 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by SDMF
Man, none of these dates work for me.
Too bad - you're coming anyway

Originally Posted by SDMF
Seriously tho, Freeway ridge is close to where we went camping last time right?
Closer. It's between Bakersfield and Lake Isabella.... maybe about as far as it is to get out to Last Chance Canyon. Need I say, this is essentially a day trip. However, we may drive up the night before and stay at a cheap motel in Bakersfield to cut out some of the driving. As mentioned to doojer, we're flexible and would be willing to go up on the 22nd instead or even go on Sunday the 23rd or 30th if it would make things easier for everyone.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyway you could link directions or places you'll be staying at for these trips so we can get a better idea of the exact times? But I'll definently be in for some of these. I'll try to narrow it down tonight.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:53 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Would you be able to go on the 22nd? We are flexible you know
I love you guys! But... no.

Honestly, my first available weekend is going to be 10/13. I've got jobs the weekends of the 22nd and 29th and we're out of town the following weekend (10/6).

But thanks for considering that! You guys are the best!

Quick Reply: Project-JK Trail Run Schedule Fall/Winter 2007-08