Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Full Traction lifts having problems!!!!!

Old 09-19-2007, 02:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Traction lifts having problems!!!!!

Hi everyone. To make a long story short, while at my local 4 Wheel & Off Road shop today, I was informed to stay away from Full Traction lifts. Supposedly, they are having some major issues and are having to be removed completely from the Jeeps. They say the bolts are wrong, the joints don't last long or won't last and that it keeps making clunking and weird noises when you drive and wheel it. Basically the system is sloppy per the guys there and people who have had it. It's not the first time I've become aware of an issue with the FT lifts but I had no idea it was this bad.

Just thought you'd all like to know this if you are like me, in the market for a lift. Not trying to slam the company in any way. I told them about the good reviews i've read but they said those people will soon be having issues too.

Have a great day!
Old 09-19-2007, 02:33 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How do i say this but they are full of Crapola. Need i say more.

There is no problems with the FT lift kits. If there was I would be aware of it.

By the way i think i know who told you this but for some reason you want it to be a secret.

Just thought you'd all like to know this if you are like me, in the market for a lift. Not trying to slam the company in any way. I told them about the good reviews i've read but they said those people will soon be having issues too.

This statement is great. I love how everybody says not trying to slam and then they slam with information that is not true and highly innacurate.

David

Last edited by Northridge4x4; 09-19-2007 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
How do i say this but they are full of shit. Need i say more.
x2 -- I've had mine for a while now and as long as it is installed properly, you're not gonna have all that clunking and such. FT is damn good stuff... a lot of people running it here and having great results w/it. I just got back from doing some 4-wheeling in Southern Colorado this past weekend and no clunks, no squeaks, no breakage, just good ole 4-wheel'n fun.

Maybe the ones that have been having problems were the ones this person performed the install on
Old 09-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Last edited by Northridge4x4; 09-19-2007 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubidonn
Maybe the ones that have been having problems were the ones this person performed the install on
my thoughts.

time to find a new shop!
Old 09-19-2007, 02:47 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

IMHO it is 4 wheel parts telling you this crap
Old 09-19-2007, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have 20,000 miles on mine been to the tip of the baja twice and haven't had a issue.Never cruised a mall once though.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

if the yokels from his area shop said so it must be true. thanks for the obviously well researched heads-up!!!!

*goes outside to remove FT lift immediately*
Old 09-19-2007, 03:05 PM
JK Newbie

Believe me, i was surprised to hear this myself because the reviews i've read have all been good. That's why I posted this to see what everyone else thought of it or have had any issues. I picked this lift and company so obviously i didn't have any issues with them whatsoever.

Northridge,(David) sorry if you took it personal based on your comments and emails to me! But this is what I was told by the shop who seems to have installed a bunch of these. Yes, i was taken to the back and showed the removed lifts. Maybe you should be contacting them instead.

And what's the "i'm keeping it a secret stuff?" Are you serious? You asked where i heard this at and I told you not only the shop but where it was located at.

I thought this forum and site were here to help each other out, not put people down for posting what he or she has heard in an attemp to get some feedback. Have a beer and relax man!

Last edited by JoesJeep; 09-19-2007 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are going to come on here and slam a particular product I think you should have some basis for it, not just because someone told you so. Did you see any problems with the removed lifts you saw? What is it that is so wrong, since most of the short arm kits are basically the same design? I think it is a bunch of scare tactics crap.

Quick Reply: Full Traction lifts having problems!!!!!