Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets talk Speedo Correction!?

Old 10-01-2007, 01:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lets talk Speedo Correction!?

ok is there anyway besides the dealer flash for 32" tires to correct the speedo for bigger tires 33-37 etc?? I heard someone used a procomp programmer and it worked, but I dunno how true that is?
Old 10-01-2007, 01:41 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Your dealership can only flash your computer up to 32" tires. Beyond that, they will not be able to help you out. I have just used the ProComp Accu Pro on my JK and will do some testing against my GPS in a few minutes. I will post my results shortly
Old 10-01-2007, 01:48 PM
JK Freak

ya let me know if that works! All thought 200 bucks just for a tire flash kinda sucks...
Old 10-01-2007, 01:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Your dealership can only flash your computer up to 32" tires. Beyond that, they will not be able to help you out. I have just used the ProComp Accu Pro on my JK and will do some testing against my GPS in a few minutes. I will post my results shortly
BUMP BUMP AND ANOTHER BUMP
Old 10-01-2007, 03:06 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Well son of a gun - this thing actually WORKED!!!!

Seriously, using the Pro Comp Accu Pro, I was able to set a specific tire size down to a 1/4" (my worn down 315/70R17 measuered up to 33.5") and set the gear ratio to 5.13's which is what I have on now. And, after doing a series of tests and checking it against my GPS, I can tell you that my speedometer is actually reading dead on now. Need I say, if you're looking to get your speedo calibrated to match your new bigger tires, this thing will do the trick.

I will try to get a more thorough write-up on how to use this thing as soon as I can.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sort of a thread jack, and you can delete if necessary, but I was wondering if the computer speedo is set to optional equipment, a base number for all, or if it comes programed accordingly to x/saraha/rubicon?
Old 10-01-2007, 03:23 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by forumonlooker
Sort of a thread jack, and you can delete if necessary, but I was wondering if the computer speedo is set to optional equipment, a base number for all, or if it comes programed accordingly to x/saraha/rubicon?
If you are refering to the JK computer, it is set for the specific size tire and gear ratio of your Jeep.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Well son of a gun - this thing actually WORKED!!!!

Seriously, using the Pro Comp Accu Pro, I was able to set a specific tire size down to a 1/4" (my worn down 315/70R17 measuered up to 33.5") and set the gear ratio to 5.13's which is what I have on now. And, after doing a series of tests and checking it against my GPS, I can tell you that my speedometer is actually reading dead on now. Need I say, if you're looking to get your speedo calibrated to match your new bigger tires, this thing will do the trick.

I will try to get a more thorough write-up on how to use this thing as soon as I can.

WOL, who's selling the Pro Comp Accu Pros? Thx.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

awesome news. someone needs to buy one that can be rented out.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikeyfl
awesome news. someone needs to buy one that can be rented out.
I was thinking the same thing...$200 is alot of money (and for me, it would basically be a one time use since I don't plan on going any larger in tire size).

Quick Reply: Lets talk Speedo Correction!?