Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

CT checking in

Old 10-11-2007, 03:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll sell you my JK The brakes are fixed now
Old 10-12-2007, 06:17 AM
JK Junkie

Cool Your invitation to good times and legal wheeling: Nov 3rd, 2007

Howdy peeps.

So - it's official!

The little lady and I are formally requesting your presence on Saturday, November 3rd, in Tolland MA. If necessary, we can meet somewhere in my neck of the woods and caravan up there, but it's a really easy (and beautiful, scenic) drive up (at least the way that the wife and I went up last time). DMM: If you're really getting rid of your Jeep [you filthy traitor! ], don't you want to wheel it one last time? If you can make it, bring your girl - the ride up is all romantical and whatnot.

The where: Tolland, MA.

The what:
A fun day of stock-friendly (yet challenging) LEGAL wheeling.

What to bring: Your eager selves, your happy guests. Dress appropriately for Jeeping, i.e., clothes where you won't be upset if they get dirty (I'm thinking of you, JK Sahara, because you seem like the "fashionable" type ). Kids are welcome - this is definitely family-friendly stuff. Also, pack a lunch for everyone in your party. The wife and I packed cold-cut sandwiches last time, and they made for a great lunch out on the trail.

Recovery gear really shouldn't be necessary, but I carry a rope that should be able to handle any "stuck" JKs. I have a first-aid kit, flashlight, fire extinguisher, and blanket that come everywhere with me. Feel free to bring whatever off-road stuff you think is prudent (shovel, axe, whatever). Also, I would recommend bringing your camera if you have one, as you're likely to capture some great shots of your fellow Jeepers! Of course, if you have any tools for your JK, those are always a good idea in case something goes wrong on the trail.

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 10 is the most challenging possible terrain, I'd say the overall, average difficulty of the trail is probably a 4, with a few sections that present worthwhile challenges up to a 7. With proper spotting on the "tough" spots, your Jeep should come through relatively unscathed (possible trail pinstriping, possible "character marks" on your skidplates).

In case any of you are apprehensive, I can't imagine any spots on the trail where you'd risk rolling over or anything like that. If you've never wheeled before, this is the perfect first-time run for you. If you have wheeled before, this is the perfect opportunity to meet up with some like-minded, happy Jeepers.

I'm going to put out an open invite to our friendly neighbors to the north, too - all are welcome. When I have some time (later today) I'll start a new thread to give this some exposure on the forum.

If you have any questions, ask away. I'm not set on a time yet (read: Suggestions? Chopper - I'm thinking of you, and your 3rd-shift work schedule), but last time up there, we met late-morning, and had a good, full day of wheeling, leaving around 5 or 6 or so if memory serves...

No excuses: Join us - you'll be pissed if you miss it!
Old 10-12-2007, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

nov 3rd ill be out at Sema
Old 10-12-2007, 07:16 AM
JK Freak

How long of a drive is it from NYC?
Old 10-12-2007, 07:34 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by redWRANGLER
How long of a drive is it from NYC?
Well, that's a bit of a haul. You'd be talking about going from NYC, through CT, just over the border into MA. According to Google Maps, you're looking at a travel time of over 3 hours (from Long Island). Would love to meet you if you're able to make it, but totally understand if that's too far of a drive.

TwinTurboStang: Enjoy SEMA - it's a bummer that we're going to miss meeting you again, but I'm sure we'll meet someday.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by twinturbostang
nov 3rd ill be out at Sema

wow, can you get me a pass? I would love to go and glady pay a flight and hotel for that.

Nov. 3rd I will be in boston as far as I can remember though it is just for a visit so the mrs. should be able to come. No deffinate answer as of now though I will try my best.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

We are flying out on tuesday of that week.
The show is tuesday-friday.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:29 AM
JK Freak

You are a lucky lucky man. I would be a kid in a candy store there. I know 1 person who has been and he said no car shows even compare the amount of things to see and do while you're there are amazing.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ya i have been the past 4 years and every year is just more and more crazy.
Any true car guy needs to see this show at least once in their life.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:48 AM
JK Junkie

Default Tolland, MA ride - 11/3/07 - see this link

OK - I have a dedicated thread for the Nov. 3rd meet-up, so if you're interested, post in this thread.

I'm thinking of an 11 AM meet-up at Tolland town hall, with a prompt departure at 11:30 AM (i.e. plan to get there BEFORE 11 AM, just be safe, because we all leave the meeting spot at 11:30 AM). Hope to see some of you there!

Trust me - I've wheeled there, and it makes for a really fun day. Again, kids/teens/guests are welcome (JKSahara)

Quick Reply: CT checking in