Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Turned OFF ESP WITH NO MODS

Old 01-27-2008, 07:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Turned OFF ESP WITH NO MODS

Here's on what I discovered. If you hold down the ESp button for about 10 seconds it turns off, but if you go from 4HI to 4LO it turns it back on Then you just hold down the button again. If you go from 2HI to 4HI it stays off. Hope this helps.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bodybrdng
Here's on what I discovered. If you hold down the ESp button for about 10 seconds it turns off, but if you go from 4HI to 4LO it turns it back on Then you just hold down the button again. If you go from 2HI to 4HI it stays off. Hope this helps.

I haven't tried from to turn it off in 2 wheel drive at all but noticed it also turns back on when I go from 4lo to 4hi.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Former Vendor

Interesting. I wasn't aware that you could turn it off in 2 wheel drive.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SONIC
im fairly certain that this disables it MOSTLY...that is untill you get a lot of wheel spin (when you DONT want the tcs) it will kick in to "save" you

there is nintendo code that will turn it all the way off (something with the gas pedal and the steering wheel and the key....i dont rememebr who posted it but im pretty sure it works
I was off roading on Friday in the snow and mud with it off and never turned on. When I turned it off it stayed off unless I went from 4LO to 4HI and 4HI to 4LO
Old 01-27-2008, 02:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by benmar2000
I couldn't get it to stay off in 2hi.. No magic "ding".. I drove to a dirt road near my house, put it in 4hi, pushed the button for x secs and got the magic "ding".. So I know I can turn it off in 4hi..
Odd, mine stays off in 4HI
Old 01-27-2008, 02:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by karnuvore
When your wheels start to spin in 4hi, do you get a clicking sound in the front end? I tried turning off the ESP and when I started spinning down in 4hi I got the same sound I get when Im in 2wd with it on and off.

Just curious

dave
???? Didn't hear any clicking noise
Old 01-27-2008, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karnuvore
When your wheels start to spin in 4hi, do you get a clicking sound in the front end? I tried turning off the ESP and when I started spinning down in 4hi I got the same sound I get when Im in 2wd with it on and off.

Just curious

dave

Even with the ESP off the ELSD (Electronic limited silp) portion of the TCS (traction control system) will still try to brake a spinning wheel to force torque to the other side. And if you are going over 40mph, it automatically goes back to partial off instead of full off.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't think you should hear any clicking -- what i do think is weird is that it seems different from jeep to jeep -- i like to spin the tires in the mud and hit the ESP button all the time to do so, in two wheel drive and believe me its not partially on, i can shoot rooster tails all day with the push of a button, leave it on and it bogs down like crazy -- before i read the post on here i really thought it was ESP was for on road and you just hit the button for off-road -- and it stays off on mine in 4hi,4lo, and at any speed -- maybe my jeep has a problem with the ESP that i will not have fixed LOL
Old 01-28-2008, 06:39 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SONIC
...there is nintendo code that will turn it all the way off (something with the gas pedal and the steering wheel and the key....i dont rememebr who posted it but im pretty sure it works
Nintendo code.

To turn off ESP off forever: ABABABBBA START.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tgrt
Nintendo code.

To turn off ESP off forever: ABABABBBA START.
Wasn't that the blood code for mortal combat??

Quick Reply: Turned OFF ESP WITH NO MODS