Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

For anyone intersted in aftermarket Power Windows

Old 03-21-2008, 04:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default For anyone intersted in aftermarket Power Windows

For anyone that is interested in aftermarket power windows, especially those of us that got caught up in the Jeep buying frenzy that occured last summer causing some of us to go without the gucci options we may have wanted, let me just say that A1Electric has a complete kit...absolutely complete...for all four windows for about 500.00 even. I purchased the kit and received it about a week later all the way up here in Canada, installed it in a couple hours following the comprehensive instructions without a hastle and have been surprisingly pleased with my windows since, and their customer service has blown me out of the water. Just a thought for anyone looking to upgrade. And being that over half the year I have to have the full metal doors on out of necessity up here, they are really handy.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome definately interested please post pics of how your switches look I am debating if I just want the front or all four but definately depends on how well the switches look.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

BlackNorthernJK, do you have any pics with it installed? Id like to see how it looks.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Northridge was supposed to carry a kit too. Not sure if he got enough interest to do it though.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Working on pics now. The front ones mount where the stock ones would be, they look great...except...the buttons illuminate in red, I mean that's pretty picky of me, but I would have prefered green, or neutral. After speaking with Customer Service they told me they have orange ones as well, either way they work great, an ultra convenience, the rear switches come illuminated in the green I wanted but they're a slightly different size than the front so aren't transferable, but they also mount in an angled charcoal grey bezel that you can put directly on the door...or you can run 'em into the center console where the stock rear switches would be...I used the door mounting bezels...oh yeah and the wiring has quick disconnects that can be placed in the same locations as the other quick disconnects for ease of door removal, it all works really slick actually, plenty of wire to mess around with, so long as you have minor electrical know-how like wiring a stereo your good to go
Old 03-24-2008, 05:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Click image for larger version

Name:	switches.JPG
Views:	1298
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	7348
front switches
Old 03-24-2008, 05:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Click image for larger version

Name:	P3220156.JPG
Views:	1179
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	7349
...front door panel with supplied regulator handle hole plug, or you could always reorder new panels, this suits me fine
Old 03-24-2008, 07:12 PM
JK Super Freak

looks better than the factory switches! awesome on my to do list... still trying to decide if i should just get the kit for the front doors.... I never roll down the back two.

what do you think? the 200 something in price could be a deciding factor
Old 03-24-2008, 08:03 PM
JK Super Freak

thats funny, I got it because I wanted the ability to control the rear windows, and the front side without having to reach across the seat...that way if I need to yell at someone on that side it's alot easier...but for sure I think it's an awesome kit and they do have the front two only kit that can work great for you for half the cost. All in all, great product for whatever purpose required. They supply a template to help cut the holes in the dash panel as well, just go slow when doing it so you don't mess up
Old 03-24-2008, 10:37 PM
JK Super Freak

I've been doing fine without power windows, but that complete kit looks like it was done right.
How well do they work? Plenty of speed/power going up? No hesitation or heavy noise, like the motor is overworked?

Quick Reply: For anyone intersted in aftermarket Power Windows