Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flexatrunk + Lloyd Mat = Not so bad.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flexatrunk + Lloyd Mat = Not so bad.

I've mentioned my disappointment in the Flextrunk before -- the sides are a little floppy, the carriage bolts stripped the plastic, and the self-tapping bolts went through the wheel wells. Not so hot. There's no other product like it (the instatrunk doesn't work with a sub), so I made due. Once I patched the holes in the wheel wells, and decided I wouldn't remove that metal divider (because I couldn't, on account of those stripped carriage bolts!), the only nagging thing was the floppy ends when removing the top panels.

The biggest concern though was what to do about the dog. I have the Tuffy cubby cover, which is not too dog friendly. I was using a Husky mat before, but it doesn't fit with the Flexatrunk installed. I ordered a Lloyd mat, but didn't have much hope it would fit. Well, what d'ya know, it fits great!

Another small problem is that I carry 3 pieces of 3/4" plywood to use as a base for my bottle jack, etc. I used to slide 'em under the Husky mat, but that trick didn't work too well with the Lloyd mat. After a bit of thinking, it turns out they fir on the side of the Flexatrunk! So a little mat black paint, and here you go:

The camera makes them stand-out, but in real life you can barely see them. :-)

js.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Add A Trunk and recently pulled the carpet and put a piece of 1/8" rubber on the floor. I like how the lid on yours comes completely off. Mine you have to remove the whole thing if you need more space. Not that it is hard to remove but it is a bit bulky.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

jsmoriss, Looks like a nice work around solution you've got there, but I figured that I'd point that the Instatrunk now makes a version that accomodates the sub. I installed mine this past weekend. Obviously, it's much more restrictive than the flextrunk, but I got it for te security component.

Quick Reply: Flexatrunk + Lloyd Mat = Not so bad.