Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Changes for 09 Models -Pix

Old 08-05-2008, 08:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Changes for 09 Models -Pix

Well folks, here are pix of all the changes I have seen on the 09's. Plenty of dealers have them in stock now, so mosey on down and take a gander if yer curious. The list of changes I am reporting about is as follows:

LARGER SUN VISOR FOR BETTER COVERAGE
NEW CENTER DOME LAMP WITH SWITCHABLE DIRECTIONAL LIGHTING
NEW DROP-IN BIN ADDED TO FULL CENTER CONSOLE
NEW STORAGE NETS – ON CENTER STACK AND SIDE OF CENTER CONSOLE
NEW REAR TOW HOOK DESIGN / LOCATION THAT IS NOW COMPATIBLE WITH THE REAR HITCH RECEIVER

First things first- the sun visors look exactly the same to me. I didn't measure them, but I cannot see how they are larger in either dimension. Probably like 2mm or some nonsense...

Secondly, the center dome lamp seems to be exaclty the same. The Jeeps I was in (5 of them, all 3 models) had the same overhead lamp as my 07.

The new storage net is another story. I did not see a second net on any of the Jeeps I was in, although the update describes there being two of them.

The drop in tray is nice.... Although it looks like the bottom has a rubberized surface -it doesn't. That's molded into the plastic.

The rear hitch has been moved over to the driver's side, in what looks like the exact same mount as the TJ version:

There are a few other changes (including the two new colors) which listed on this thread here

You should be able to order the center bezel net and drop in tray at your dealer.

Last edited by Dubya; 08-08-2008 at 07:51 AM. Reason: added pix
Old 08-05-2008, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

Do you know the part number for the storage net?
Old 08-05-2008, 08:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the info do you have part numbers? I was a little slow on that sorry
Old 08-05-2008, 09:30 PM
JK Freak

Anybody know if the new tow hook can be mounted on a 07/08? Curious to see that one.

In the meantime, I have a receiver shackle anyways.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

oh yes, as soon as the new models start to arrive, i´m getting that storage net and the tow hook for my sahara...
Old 08-05-2008, 09:52 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for the photos, Dubya.

I'm curious to see what Deep Water Blue looks like on a JK.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think Ill have to get me a storage net and console drop in, would make for alot better storage and a place for the phone like ya have in your pics.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:11 AM
JK Super Freak

The new car and driver also mentions some of the changes.

2 things they noted:

The six-speed is now a ULEV-II instead of LEV-II (I was thinking these are the same thing).

Hill start assist is now available.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Still none of these up here in Canada, Dubya. Any chances you can post a pic of the Deep Water Blue?
Old 08-06-2008, 05:42 AM
JK Freak

Talking Part Numbers

Originally Posted by cruzjjcruz
Do you know the part number for the storage net?
Gentlemen,

The part number on the reverse of the storage net is 5KT96TRMAA. Under that is 00028315-01-0001. I called the parts guy and he could not get me a price, saying that these numbers on the back were meanigless to their system....
Sat on the phone with another dude for 10 minutes and he came up with this part number: 5KL66XDVAA- $40.76.

Here's the back of it with a detail of the numbers:

Originally Posted by Brad2893
Anybody know if the new tow hook can be mounted on a 07/08? Curious to see that one.
With the stock bumper I don't see why not. But take a good look at that pic tho- I doubt it will work with many aftermarket bumpers.
The part number for the new tow hook is: 4680647AA. Retail $53.80.

Originally Posted by petro
Still none of these up here in Canada, Dubya. Any chances you can post a pic of the Deep Water Blue?
Sorry but they don't have any blue... I called a few dealers and was (not suprisingly) told with authority that they are not out yet. I even called the largest dealer in Toldeo and they have none (or so he said). Calling is no good tho. They may be unwilling to admit they have them because they want to clear out the old stock of 08's...

Quick Reply: Changes for 09 Models -Pix