Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Video in motion-Mygig

Old 10-20-2008, 08:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video in motion-Mygig

I have purchased a mygig ren and wanted to know if the dealer can unlock the video in motion feature. I understand that it is legal in some states, and in those states it can be unlocked. Unfortunately in DE, it is illegal. I went to wkjeeps.com and they provided some instructions on how to unlock it, however it didn't work. I was wondering if anyone lived in one of the states it is legal, and what did you need to have done to get it to work. I have a guy at the stealership that will unlock it, just need to find out how.

I do understand that this can be accomplished by purchasing a lockpick or an allgig, just want to sll if this could be done through the dealer, as it would be cheaper.

Thanks for all your input.

Josh

Last edited by JKJosh; 10-20-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've seen videos on youtube of people unlocking the video in motion feature on the mygigs. Unfortunately none of the vehicles were wranglers. But its a suggestion. Let us know if you happen to find something that works though!
Old 10-21-2008, 05:47 AM
JK Freak

you need to downgrade your MyGIG firmware to 8.4 and it works.... I know people who have done it in wranglers
Old 10-21-2008, 09:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by REL1203
you need to downgrade your MyGIG firmware to 8.4 and it works.... I know people who have done it in wranglers
Sent you a pm, but does anyone else know how to downgrade to an 8.4?

Thanks

Josh
Old 10-22-2008, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKJosh
Sent you a pm, but does anyone else know how to downgrade to an 8.4?

Thanks

Josh
Would be interested also.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:24 PM
JK Newbie

how do you find 8.4? i looked on the website but couldnt find it?
Old 10-22-2008, 07:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by S10x1000
On the left side of the webpage under home it says non nav REN updates. Its the bottom one.
Does everything else still work (navigation)? Did you have to change any settings or did the 8.4 firmware just make the DVD work?
Old 10-22-2008, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah. I've seen it work on the REN units. If you have an RER(North American unit with nav) you're SOL as far as I know. It's rigged up so the the parking brake must be engaged and the wheels have to be still for the DVD to play. If anyone knows a way around this, that would be great!
Old 10-23-2008, 03:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKJosh
I have purchased a mygig ren and wanted to know if the dealer can unlock the video in motion feature. I understand that it is legal in some states, and in those states it can be unlocked. Unfortunately in DE, it is illegal. I went to wkjeeps.com and they provided some instructions on how to unlock it, however it didn't work. I was wondering if anyone lived in one of the states it is legal, and what did you need to have done to get it to work. I have a guy at the stealership that will unlock it, just need to find out how.

I do understand that this can be accomplished by purchasing a lockpick or an allgig, just want to sll if this could be done through the dealer, as it would be cheaper.

Thanks for all your input.

Josh
Just go to coastaletech.com and purchase their lockpic it will unlock everything. It is very doubtful a dealer is going to do even if they can there is a liability factor if they did so.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Video IN motion is not legal in any states in front of the driver.

Having it able to play in park, is legal in some states, others it's still illegal. The dealer can unlock the play in park feature, that's all.

Quick Reply: Video in motion-Mygig