Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed the RIPP MODS ... Supercharger !!!!!!

Old 01-18-2009, 04:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Just installed the RIPP MODS ... Supercharger !!!!!!

Have been working on it a little here and a little there. I just finished up today and got to drive 30 miles before the wife made me put the toy away ..... and celebrate her birhday ..... ( what an ass I felt like..... since I forgot !!!)

Any way I snuck away after dinner to tell everyone ......

It is awesome ....

Throttle response and "throw you back in the seat" acceleration .... and they recommend you feather the throttle not STOMP ! it . There are some fail safes the factory engineers put in that don't need to be bypassed .

So throw all your questions this way and I will " TRY" to get back on tonite ( but I don't promise ) ..... But , I will be back on in the morning to start answering !!!!!

Good Lord !!! It is great to push the accelerator and the JEEP actually MOVE faster than a snail !!!
Old 01-18-2009, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

Good for you about the supercharger, bad for you about wifes b-day.
What was the cost?
Was there any extra's that had to installed?
If you did the install, how long did it take?
Was there any re-calibrations needed?
Im going to add you to my contact list, so I can get back to you about MPG. If you don't mind. Hope your not in the dog house to long about the b-day
Old 01-18-2009, 05:25 PM
JK Super Freak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_YZ3XNJiAU

sorry had to do it lol

if you get any highway driving in post up what kind of mileage your getting at highway speeds
Old 01-18-2009, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

I got in on their sale special before Christmas ; with Methanol intercooler was $4944 shipped !!

I also installed the Methanol Boost Cooler !!

All in all because I went back and re-checked and then re-checked again ..... About 10 to 12 hours ( and a few beers ).

All the calibrations are preprogrammed in it is a simple plug and play !!

Got your friend request and gladly accepted ..... Good luck
Old 01-18-2009, 05:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JdTms11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_YZ3XNJiAU

sorry had to do it lol

if you get any highway driving in post up what kind of mileage your getting at highway speeds
FUNNY !!!

and actually I got a English Mastiff Puppy for Christmas and that house is about a perfect fit for the DOG !!!
Old 01-18-2009, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Man I need to find a job so I can drop some cash on this... I just cleaned out my garage so I can put my lift on this week....

That is so cool! Grats man.

Cool Vid too!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by vandi
Man I need to find a job so I can drop some cash on this... I just cleaned out my garage so I can put my lift on this week....

That is so cool! Grats man.

Cool Vid too!

I admit it is a little bit of cash ..... BUT about 1/3 to 1/4 the price of a HEMI ..... I priced both and this won hands down .... and I get better fuel economy to BOOT !!! One of these days it will pay for itself just in fuel cost savings .... and maybe resale value ?????

In the measly 30 miles around town I did get to drive before the wife ( put me in my place ) my in dash computer was up over 2 mpg and that was with a slightly heavy foot !!!!!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HULKGREEN
I admit it is a little bit of cash ..... BUT about 1/3 to 1/4 the price of a HEMI ..... I priced both and this won hands down .... and I get better fuel economy to BOOT !!! One of these days it will pay for itself just in fuel cost savings .... and maybe resale value ?????

In the measly 30 miles around town I did get to drive before the wife ( put me in my place ) my in dash computer was up over 2 mpg and that was with a slightly heavy foot !!!!!
Man, you need to post more info on this. I'm really wanting real world info on how well this RIPP SC works. 5k is a lot but it's cheaper than a Hemi and lighter to boot. If there is a real world increase in mpg that would be great too.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HULKGREEN
Have been working on it a little here and a little there. I just finished up today and got to drive 30 miles before the wife made me put the toy away ..... and celebrate her birhday ..... ( what an ass I felt like..... since I forgot !!!)

Any way I snuck away after dinner to tell everyone ......

It is awesome ....

Throttle response and "throw you back in the seat" acceleration .... and they recommend you feather the throttle not STOMP ! it . There are some fail safes the factory engineers put in that don't need to be bypassed .

So throw all your questions this way and I will " TRY" to get back on tonite ( but I don't promise ) ..... But , I will be back on in the morning to start answering !!!!!

Good Lord !!! It is great to push the accelerator and the JEEP actually MOVE faster than a snail !!!
Old 01-19-2009, 06:10 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by chuck45
Man, you need to post more info on this. I'm really wanting real world info on how well this RIPP SC works. 5k is a lot but it's cheaper than a Hemi and lighter to boot. If there is a real world increase in mpg that would be great too.
As mentioned I only got a chance to drive to town with a slightly heavy foot .... but the in dash ( which I know is WAY inaccurate ) is already showing 2 + mpg on its display compared to pre- install !!!!

Quick Reply: Just installed the RIPP MODS ... Supercharger !!!!!!