Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RIPP SuperCharger - Feedback required

Old 01-28-2009, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RIPP SuperCharger - Feedback required

I know there have been several postings on the RIPP SuperCharger. However, I would like to hear from people that have the RIPP installed on a JK Unlimited Auto and that have used it for a while...

How many points out of ten do you give:
Increase in performance
Driveability
Reliability
Overall happyness

Mine runs 35" tires with 4.88 R&P. I'm very close to placing my order with RIPP but would value input from exiting users. RIPP is suggesting an additional meth injection kit. Would you recommend that also?

Many thanks!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:40 AM
JK Freak

Got mine a month ago and I'm still working through issues. Hopefully by the end of the week, I'll have more info for you.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

i just installed my kit 2 days ago, already did about 300 miles, very happy with the kit, i even installed it myself,. love it.. although my fuel consumtion has gone up... but thats my fault,, loving the new power
Old 01-28-2009, 12:18 PM
JK Freak

I have a Manual Trans ..... So I guess I am HI-JACKING !!!!

I only have just over 400 miles on my system and have had no Check Engine lights AT ALL !!!!

I give all 10's ( but I don't have any of the Auto Trans Computer Issues ) If you want to mash the pedal this thing runs " LIKE A SCALDED APE " ( and I HIGHLY recommend you HOLD on if you decide to mash the pedal !!!!!

And I would Highly recommend the Meth Inj Boost Cooler !!!!

I can also ( with a good conscience ) give the TEAM at RIPP an " 11 " for Customer Service !!!!!

Last edited by HULKGREEN; 01-28-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great feedback so far. Thanks guys! And Hulkgreen any helpful feedback isn't hijacking. Sleepy-Boy, I look forward to hearing more from you.

I am totally non-technical and have two left hands so I need a simple kit that simply works!
Old 02-03-2009, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

After reading everything there is to read on this board about the Pros and Cons of SCs, I have decided to abandon the idea altogether and keep saving for a Hemi 5.7 conversion....
Old 02-03-2009, 06:20 PM
JK Junkie

I was thinking about doing the supercharger add-on. What made you decide to not go with it?
Old 02-03-2009, 08:13 PM
JK Newbie

Default ripp supercharger

Does anyone know if the ripp supercharger is California legal. I e-mailed the company and they gave me a round around answer on it. They stated that you could connect the cat and it had a engine check light on it but they wouldn't say if it was carb exempt. If any one knows the answer I would like to know.

I have a 2007 rubicon unlimited that I started to modify.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:41 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by George Diaz
Does anyone know if the ripp supercharger is California legal. I e-mailed the company and they gave me a round around answer on it. They stated that you could connect the cat and it had a engine check light on it but they wouldn't say if it was carb exempt. If any one knows the answer I would like to know.

I have a 2007 rubicon unlimited that I started to modify.
Ok... the supercharger is quickly reversible, the JEEP will run with the stock belt. This is the fail-safe design, so the blower can be easily bypassed if needed. All the electronics will turn off and the jeep motor will drive as if it was stock ( w/ a simple belt swap). Then u can just pull the blower off the motor if deemed necessary
**There will be no check engine light with the blower installed **

Basically you can get around your inspection with little effort.

Quick Reply: RIPP SuperCharger - Feedback required