Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Once again another MiGig mic question

Old 04-07-2009, 09:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MFX
I called the parts guy up and he basically refused to believe of such a kit. It was like pulling teeth just to get him to punch in that part # you gave me to see for himself. He's trying to tell me I have to buy the entire hands free kit which consists of the module/w/harness/mic. I explained to him that there is no need for a module on the RER Nav/Mygig radio because it is integrated...he's still not a believer. It's frustrating when your trying to make a point to someone who's obviously supposed to know more than you and they refuse to listen. All said and done, he looks like the fool!

Thanks again for all the help. See you around

i called the dealer the other day and told him i had to bring my jeep in there were a few TSB"S out that i wanted to have taken care of and that my 4wd was making a clicking sound when i am in 4h he said what is a TSB i hung up the phone calling another dealer today

in short they are all morons and they are at the bottom of the mechanical food chain they are poorly informed and not motivated so sad
Old 05-27-2009, 10:01 AM
JK Newbie

Looks like the microphone that comes with the Mopar kit is fairly large. Has anyone used the microphone that you can get from coastaletech.com?
Old 05-27-2009, 10:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kwlinder
Looks like the microphone that comes with the Mopar kit is fairly large. Has anyone used the microphone that you can get from coastaletech.com?
Bigger is better man. Anyone who has used both always says the Mopar mic is much better. I have it and no complaints at all. Run the wire out the steering column and mount it there just behind the steering wheel, the wire is completely hidden behind the dash, you don't have to remove any trim, everyone can hear you clearly and it looks really good.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:27 AM
JK Freak

Talking Pix

Here is what you get in the kit- 82211743AB List price is around $40 but you can get it for less than $30 at your local stealer.

The kit also includes a CD with the pdf instructions. You can download them here tho: h**p://site.justforjeeps.com/guide/82211743.pdf

Old 06-16-2009, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Donatello
Bigger is better man. Anyone who has used both always says the Mopar mic is much better. I have it and no complaints at all. Run the wire out the steering column and mount it there just behind the steering wheel, the wire is completely hidden behind the dash, you don't have to remove any trim, everyone can hear you clearly and it looks really good.

Surprised to hear you say the mopar mic works well. I installed it in the top left corner of the myGiG as suggested in the installation video. I rarely use it as the person on the phone just keeps saying, "what, what, I can barely hear you". Since yours works well I assume its the placement
Old 06-16-2009, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pcarpenter
Surprised to hear you say the mopar mic works well. I installed it in the top left corner of the myGiG as suggested in the installation video. I rarely use it as the person on the phone just keeps saying, "what, what, I can barely hear you". Since yours works well I assume its the placement
Place the mic on the face plate of the dash insert to the left of the MyGig......will work great.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JeepDawg
Place the mic on the face plate of the dash insert to the left of the MyGig......will work great.
You got a pic you can post? Please?
Old 06-16-2009, 01:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kwlinder
Don't get it! It isn't great. It works ok, but isn't great. I placed mine exactly where it was suggested.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Augie
Don't get it! It isn't great. It works ok, but isn't great. I placed mine exactly where it was suggested.
Damm you Augie, I'm hungry again, when I have the top off and driving on the freeway no one can hear me.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

When I got my mic I refused to tell the dealer what it was for. I had already been through the rigmarole with another dealer. He looked out the window and saw my JK, got a smug look on his face and said that it wouldn't work. I installed it in the parking lot. About twenty minutes, because I had already taken out everything (I went real slow). He came out while I was calling home and asking if I need to bring home anything. I just and left.

Quick Reply: Once again another MiGig mic question