Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rugged Ridge Front Bumper w/ Pre Runner Guard vs. Rampage - Help Me Decide!!!!

Old 03-15-2009, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Rugged Ridge Front Bumper w/ Pre Runner Guard vs. Rampage - Help Me Decide!!!!

Ok, I want to replace my stock JK bumper with a REAL bumper. I really like the look of the Rampage and Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Front Bumper with end caps and pre runner guard.

I would like some suggestions as to which bumper I should go with and why.

The Rampage bumper

is all one piece and is cheaper. However, it is heavier (I think) and will require additional work and price to boost my jeep back up! I don't plan on getting a winch, but I hear it is still heavy enough to cause a problem.

The RRM bumper (with end caps and pre runner guard)

has a better look (I think the pre runner guard looks better on it due to the design of the bars and them being thicker) except for the fact that it seems to stick out too far.

It also weighs less and won't require a lift (I think).

I'm afraid it sticks out too much and may have a problem with making sure not to clip cars with it in city driving and tight parking

Also, a quick question for Rugged Ridge Pre Runner Guard Owners, can someone measure how far the top of the pre runner guard extends from the grille?

Also, anyone have any profile shots of this guard that show just how much it sticks out?

I have only seen one profile pic and it looks like it extends out quite a bit.

See?

V.S.

So, try to sell me on which bumper I should go with and why!!!!

Thanks!

Last edited by Mlupacchino; 04-04-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just my opion , but of the two I think the Rampage looks better. The other won't look right without a winch.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Actually, I think the RRM Bumper's looks better, and if it didn't look as if it stuck out so much I would have bought it already. However, from the profile shot it looks like it sticks out 2 feet from the grill, which is WAY too far! Would like to get a measurment or some additional profile shots to see exactly how far it sticks out. Could never tell it sticks out that far from the angeled and straight on shots you typically see.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:40 PM
JK Freak

rampage looks alot better
Old 03-15-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Freak

I am a big fan of the rampage. really well built!!
Old 03-15-2009, 08:40 PM
JK Freak

man, I love my Rugged Ridge bumper with prerunner:

http://wtfih.com/jeep/index.php?Qwd=...&Qis=M&Qtmp=FS

http://wtfih.com/jeep/index.php?Qwd=...&Qis=M&Qtmp=FS

I'm re-wiring the lights this week though, I hate that stupid cord showing! You really get a great approach angle with this bumper. It sticks out pretty far at the top, but it never ever gets in the way and looks great. Very solid too/
Old 03-16-2009, 04:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Exclamation

Wow, baker, that pre runner guard REALLY sticks out. Do you have trouble with tight parking and city driving with that thing sticking so far out when you can't see it? Looks like it sticks out 2 ft!
Old 03-16-2009, 06:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mlupacchino
Wow, baker, that pre runner guard REALLY sticks out. Do you have trouble with tight parking and city driving with that thing sticking so far out when you can't see it? Looks like it sticks out 2 ft!
No trouble at all actually. The lights on it make it so easy to know exactly where the bumper ends, and actually makes parking exceptionally easy. That plus the lift and larger tires and the bumper is usually higher than most car's trunks anyways. So I really don't have any trouble with it at all.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:48 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

if i had to choose, i'd go with the rampage but that's just me
Old 03-16-2009, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I prefer the Rugged Ridge but I have heard that the modular bumpers make a ton of noise... I've been told that the more pieces you add, the more they like to clank around, but that's just what I have heard lol

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Front Bumper w/ Pre Runner Guard vs. Rampage - Help Me Decide!!!!