Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mopar front bumper and Powerplant

Old 06-08-2007, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BLKRUBI, That is SWEET.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

BLKRUBI, I did a search and could not find a write-up on what you did to mount the fogs, any insight?
Old 06-08-2007, 11:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wolverine
Thank you for responding. So the bar is no farther forward than the exsisting cross rail below it? Is the bottom of the rock bumper bar 2 inches higher than the top of the exsisting cross member? Also, there are two holes that go through the frame rails. Which hole does the rock bumper bar bolt to, the upper or lower hole? These may seem like odd questions but I have roadmaster tow brackets on the front of my Rubi and I am not sure if they will conflict with the installation of the rock bumper.

Thanks,
Stewart
Yes, as far as I can tell, and it appears to be sitting up that much higher than the frame cross member. I'll have to go look and check the bolt holes.

Originally Posted by csorensen
BLKRUBI, I did a search and could not find a write-up on what you did to mount the fogs, any insight?
Thanks, I had planned on doing one, and just haven't gotten around to it. It was really very simple though. I found the lights at Walley World for $21, ( wanted clear, but the blue tint works for now). I went to Home Depot and bought 2 male 2 3/4" electrical conduit PVC couplings and two female of the same size. I measured and cut holes in the bumper with a hole saw. Cut an angle on the female couplings to match the angle in the bumper, painted them, and then mounted them to the bumper with Duramix (basically a very strong epoxy). I then sandwiched the fog light inbetween the male and female coupling which self leveled them. Just to finish, I used Duplicolor truck bed coating and painted the inside of the buckets to give it a better finished look that somewhat matched the bumper better. Here's a few other pics.....

What I statred with......

Cut painted and mounted......

Finished......

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 06-08-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:21 PM
JK Newbie

Doesn't the Mopar bumper have cutouts for the factoryfog lights?
Old 06-08-2007, 12:40 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by LT-Eng32ine
Doesn't the Mopar bumper have cutouts for the factoryfog lights?
In one word.....NO.

Not unless they have changed it.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think I am going to jump way out on the limb and go for doing this mod with welded mounts to fit the stock lights. I have been trying to figure out where to mount lights, other than that crappy location they give you on the bumper, and I really want integrated fogs. I'll keep people posted.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

BLKRUBI,

How hard was it to do the cut outs? Any binding? Did you just use a "normal" metal capable hole saw on a drill?
Old 06-11-2007, 03:56 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by csorensen
I think I am going to jump way out on the limb and go for doing this mod with welded mounts to fit the stock lights. I have been trying to figure out where to mount lights, other than that crappy location they give you on the bumper, and I really want integrated fogs. I'll keep people posted.
I had cotemplated doing that, but this just seemed a little more logical. 1), I had no welder, but I could have gotten someone to do it, 2) I thought the factory fogs out there would be a tight fit, 3) and the way them mount adds to the diffuiculty of fabbing a bracket, and 4) I didn't want to have to worry about repainting an entire bumper because welding would have burned the paint/powdercoat around the hole and trying to match it would have been difficult. It was vey easy to drill the hole. I just used a Bi-metal hole saw from Home Depot with a little WD-40 for lubricant. Took like 10 miuntes for both holes, if that.

Quick Reply: Mopar front bumper and Powerplant