Notices
GPS & Geocaching If you're looking for information regarding GPS or are interested in Geocaching, this is the forum for you.

Garmin Oregon 600 - Any tips for cutting down learning curve; how input waypoints...

Old 03-25-2015, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Garmin Oregon 600 - Any tips for cutting down learning curve; how input waypoints...

Have a Garmin Oregon 600 - plan to use it on our fishing boat which doesn't have a permanent GPS type system. So anyway, I would like to input waypoints/GPS coordinates (taken from a fishing map I purchased) into the Oregon 600 prior to getting on the water. I am not really sure what the heck I am doing since there are so many subcategories to click into - Just randomly clicking on things in different menus, it looks like I should click on 'where to go' > 'coordinates' and input them there?? But then how do I bring those waypoints up on a map and see where I am going once on the water? And how do I know once I am over the spot? Any tips appreciated. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_20150325_1.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	603263  
Old 03-25-2015, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would download basecamp from Garmin onto a computer. Copy and paste the waypoints in and save them plug into the computer with the GPS or memory card and move them across.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bevan7170
I would download basecamp from Garmin onto a computer. Copy and paste the waypoints in and save them plug into the computer with the GPS or memory card and move them across.
OK. Thank you. I'll try that.

Quick Reply: Garmin Oregon 600 - Any tips for cutting down learning curve; how input waypoints...